PDA

View Full Version : 91 SC For Sale - 5 speed - White w/Black

donnie
09-13-2004, 09:05 PM
I've inherited a 91 SC. :confused:

Probably less than 10 thousand km's ago, the brakes, clutch, and alternator were done. Then a head gasket went, so my son had the engine rebuilt locally. He moved to Australia and I wound up with the car, as he owed me $ on it.

I drove it a bit as I was going to do a little fixing and then sell it.
It ran, and drove, very well. Then it started to act up - hard starting, missing, stalling under load.

Now it usually won't start. As I don't have time to play with it (I've got enough on my plate as it is !!), I want to sell it.

Metro Ford told me (verbally) from the symptoms that they were reasonably sure it was a sensor problem. I think it must be - I don't know SC's, but I do know a bit about engines, and I can't see it being a mechanical problem.

I'm sure that a little playing with it will make it into a good car again.
The body is good; smooth shiny paint, no rust problems. Right door has a small scrape that has surface rust.

Interior is very presentable, except the driver's bottom seat cushion, which is a bit ragged. I'm sure you could get a right-side cushion and put it in, or even just change the seat covering over.

It will need its own battery (my van battery's in it at present), and CATS to AirCare (It has plates now as I was using an out of town address - you could do the same until you get it ready).

I'd be happy with $2950.
Don @ 604-469-4901, Port Moody
:D :D :D

donnie
09-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Never mind - SOLD the albatross ! And at a good price.
I will be happily experiencing "Fordless Fridays" and "SC-less Saturdays", et al, from now on!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

donnie
10-02-2004, 01:21 AM
A couple of clowns on the SCCoWC board are generously offering me $1200.

Well, as I got $2100. cash (my BASP asking price) without lifting a finger, I think I'll ignore their bull-tweet offers.

(RUDE NOISE in reply)