i want everyones opinion

sweetcoupe

Hey guys i am planning on doing some major mods to my 91 sc.. right now i got the flowmaster cat back exhaust and a sc underdrive pulley (not sure what size it is i dunno how to tell i just know its an underdrive pulley lol) anyway like i said wanna do some stuff to make it fly....i was thinking of the following...

bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, bigger maf, cold air intake, bigger tb, thinking about the double ic ...thats all i can think of right now lol...i was reading up on the "whipple" and i dunno its a lil too much for me i think...i just want something that is in the 12 sec range and is still relible street legal car. i would like for it to sound louder... the flowmasters give it a nice sound and i wanna keep that sound just a bit louder. i know the mods posted proly wont get me to the 12 sec range but i wanna see what you guys think as far as what sizes i need for the above stuff and other mods that u are happy you did to your sc...the biggest bang for the buck kinda deal...and if u are selling anything that i might be interested in lemme know too....im lookin for some clear corners..new headlights, lowering kit that keeps the arc active and well anything relse that is cool lol

thanks for the input guys

opinon

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/search.php?
may want to start here ..and see what it takes.. just to get into the 13 bracket..12 seconds ain't going to happen with bolt ons... then move on to the fastest list and see what's being done ..head work ,cam choices,intake mods etc.. opinon is do the research ..then ask the questions ..there are alot of combinations and different ideas ...on what it takes to move these lead sleds ...dave

Start with heads and cam. If you have a decent amount of cash, Steigmier heads are supposedly the surest bet. Pick a cam to suit your needs. Rear gears offer a nice improvement. From there you will have many avenues to choose from where bolt-ons are concerned. First you have to decide what you want from the car. Mainly a track performer? A quick daily driver that's still reliable and good on gas? Something in between?

We have a great club dedicated to MN12's, the NJTACC. Come to some meets and check us out, everyone in the club has knowledge an opinions to share! :D

www.njtacc.com

sizemoremk said:
Do these Steigmier folk have a website?

I can't seem to find one...

Look in the links for APTEN. They sell his heads. Also, the link will appear occasionally at the top right of the screen as a banner ad.

For the price of those heads......He can put a rather large downpayment on that whipple kit!

First we need to know what is your budget..

its not something that ill just go ahead one day and buy all this stuff i plan on doing it piece by peice or section by section...i am planning on getting a new crank for starters...anyone know whats a good one or where i can start lookin? the heads will prolly go on at the same time...and i plan on boring out the block, (anyone good near me id like to know..South Jersey) and new exaust manifolds...ive been eyein up the kooks ;) anyway im pretty much makin a list and plan on doin it in sections but i plan on pulling the engine first and adding the above parts all at once while i got the engine out....i know im tlakin in circles but thats how im thinking lol

thanks mike

sweetcoupe said:
its not something that ill just go ahead one day and buy all this stuff i plan on doing it piece by peice or section by section...i am planning on getting a new crank for starters...anyone know whats a good one or where i can start lookin? the heads will prolly go on at the same time...and i plan on boring out the block, (anyone good near me id like to know..South Jersey) and new exaust manifolds...ive been eyein up the kooks ;) anyway im pretty much makin a list and plan on doin it in sections but i plan on pulling the engine first and adding the above parts all at once while i got the engine out....i know im tlakin in circles but thats how im thinking lol

thanks mike

There are no aftermarket cranks made for the SC other than Morana's 4.2 crank, but it's a cast crank and your stock crank is stronger because it's forged. If your existing crank is damaged, just buy a used crank or better yet a used SC engine. If your building a "money is no object" high powered motor, you can order a custom billet crank for about $2,300. But I doubt that is needed unless your trying to runs 10s.

The block can safely be bored .050 over, but will require custom pistons. The Kooks headers are nice but not required to make 12 second power. The stock manifolds can be ported and will flow well enough to make close to 400 rwhp.

A 76mm MAF and 75mm TB will flow enough to easily support 375 rwhp (mid to low 12s). 42# injectors and a 255 lph high pressure pump are plenty and will run okay without a chip.

Real power is going to come from heads, cam and a better flowing supercharger. Stegimeier can supply the heads, cam, rockers and pushrods. I would contact him directly at 636-949-2275 if your serious. IMO, The two best options for superchargers are the MPII from Magnum Powers or the 1.7 Autorotor kit from XR7Dave. The AR will make much more power but will cost more. Once you start making major changes (injectors, supercharger, heads, cam ect...) you will need a chip to make it run right. Depending on what type of trans you have (auto or manual) there are several other things you will need.

Look at the Fastest SCs list and then click on the names to see what mods those cars have.

David

Back