PDA

View Full Version : upholstry?

ben04
09-14-2004, 03:47 AM
anybody nkow of a good place that can reupholster my front driver seat for under 200 bucks.....or aroudn this range? i've been quoted 260 for it done in vinyl (just the outside bolster and bottom).... :confused:

ben04
10-18-2004, 02:10 AM
coupe pics of the damage

92SCDoughboy
10-19-2004, 01:14 AM
thats a nasty *** seat

ben04
10-19-2004, 01:16 AM
thats a nasty *** seat

thanks man i take pride in it. makes me wonder what some of these people have in their back pockets? i could see how the studs on teh back pocket of jeans can clip the bolster but this? :rolleyes:

Flip
10-19-2004, 05:01 PM
I know you did not ask me, but I use to do custom street rod upholstery. $260 to repair you seat is not bad. Think about it: one guy, one day he has to:
Remove your seat
Remove seat cover.
Split it apart at the seams.
Cut new patterns (if they have the vinyl or leather in stock)
Sew new panels in seat cover.
Clean Sewing machine, because sewing old covers is like taking your SC auto tranny apart and dragging it though a dirt lot putting back together and driving it.
Reinstall cover on seat and fit it. Takes more than just slipping it on.
Clean it up and give it to you.
$260- $30 Material & Misc= $230 / 8hrs = 28.75 shop labor which is low for a small business, I charge $60 shop rate.
Just my 2 cents worth, you can buy used SC seats cheaper than that, Thatís what I did with My SC. :D

Gregthespy
10-31-2004, 07:12 PM
Well, I know it's not a cheaper solution to your problem but I figured I'd post this link because it seems like a decent product that should be made aware of that's out there. www.svpu.com They make a nice looking complete set of skins for the SC at a fairly decent price if you buy the set. He can do diffrent colors and do two toned as well as preforations like stock.
The only thing I find bad with buying good stock leather seats is that they are already at least 9 years old and the leather is most likely dried out even if they weren't used much. As well as the fact that once you calculate shipping in it's pretty high too.
but I also thought I'd throw in my Florida's .02 :D

Flip
10-31-2004, 08:15 PM
Greg, Thatís a good site, might order the mats for the 89. Reread my post and kind of went on a little "rant" there with my post. Sorry, if I came on a little strong to anybody. Looks like a good set of seat covers. Leather does wear, thatís why I like cloth so much better here in Florida and last 5 times as long.

Gregthespy
10-31-2004, 09:15 PM
Thoes mats aren't that bad, I wish they showed a pic of the whole mat and even another one with the Super Coupe under the logo. I definately see your point about the seats if we are talking cloth, I wonder if this company would do a cloth version for a cheaper price, because I'm sure there would be intrest in that as well.

ben04
11-01-2004, 02:05 AM
The only thing I find bad with buying good stock leather seats is that they are already at least 9 years old and the leather is most likely dried out even if they weren't used much. As well as the fact that once you calculate shipping in it's pretty high too.
but I also thought I'd throw in my Florida's .02 :D

u mean buying used seats right? i've been on that site way back before, and i was thinking of buying at first one driver seat....then i thought it would look stupid with one brand new seat and the rest older, then im like okay get two front ones (passenger front is mint, just a little dried out), then i look at the price and at that point might as well get a whole new interior. im skeptical still though, 1000 bucks US is a lot of money :S. i conditioned/cleaned my interior today and it is really nice except for my driver seat so we'll see how things turn out.