Part Question

OneBad89SC

On my SC under the rubber tube the feeds the throttle body is a hose,
where does it go? I'm curious because mine wasn't connected.

Thanks,

It is part of the PCV system. It goes over to the passenger side valve cover via a hard plastic line that goes across the front of the motor and is buried under a lot of stuff! It should be hooked up or at least plugged in the rubber hose so you don't pull in unmetered air (behind the MAF) into the inlet.

Not quite clear where you are looking. On earlier SC's the throttle body itself had a coolant line/hose, which a lot of people by-passed, particularly when adding the larger BBK TB. At the other end near the MAF is the pcv hose (like 1/4" dia) which connects to a stub under the main rubber air intake pipe. The other end runs along the front of the supercharger, changes to a hard plastic line and finally goes into the top of the driver's side valve cover. Everything else at the upper/TB end under the intake pipe are either fuel or a/c hoses and shouldn't be loose or disconnected.
Hope that helps,
Jim.

gldiii,
Seems now I'm getting a strange noise.I'm not sure if it's related to that
It almost sounds like a muffler problem like when they split.I'm going
to try and disconnect it and see if that helps.Do you know if this might
affect my idle?

Joisey Jim,
cherry Hill Huh! My Dad you used to work there,we lived in Millville.
Back in '74.He worked for a bank. Mike Schmidt was signing autographs! :D

Bryan - it may effect your idle when disconnected & you'd likely get some Throttle Body (air rushing/whistling) noise because of the hole in the intake pipe. That small pcv rubber hose should connect to the underside of the main air intake tube, via a short stub with a white plastic connector. If it's been off for a while, then check the condition of the actual pcv valve (in the rear of the passenger side valve cover, just below/behind the throttle body.

Didn't seem to notice any idle problems with it off.I have previously
changed the Pvc.The hose connects to a black plastic piece that
seems to get buried.I'm going to check again.

Thanks for your help.

Back