Who makes best HG 4 SC?

nighthawk

Ok so i been having a slight noise problem under a high booost......problem is that under high boost she started making a terrible pinging or knocking sound!! This has been going on for alittle bit of time now, and ive been tearing my hair out trying to get to the bottom of it!!!!

So the other night my idle and RPM guage went all Berzerk on me, so I did a routine check yesterday just to see if all was ok........well.....didnt i have Coolant in my crankcase:(((, I pulled off my oil fill cap and looked inside of it and sure enough it was milky!!

Almost 2 years ago i changed my HG's and all other top end gaskets and seals, and used Ford Replacement Junk.........so I am thinking this time is may be better to use aftermarket stuff!!!!

One name i hear alot is Fel-Pro!!! Do they sell the set with intake gaskets?

Also, If anyone has some extra HG's and Intake Gaskets they are selling please let me know and we can maybe make a deal on them!!

Dam Car cost more then wife and Kids put together :(

Head gaskets

The best and cheapest way to go is to use the fel-pro gaskets. You must be sure to check for warpage in the aluminum heads next time. If you need to, get them milled. But what you need is the head gasket set sold at any auto part store. The set ran me $114, I think auto zone had that price but i got advance to match the price. Also, be sure to get new head bolts. The entire set with bolts and set will cost you 150. Which is cheap compared to the 1500-2500 shops and ford will charge. The set has even more than you need, like exahust manifold gaskets...ours are machined fit. Good luck, I have done 3 t-birds now and a few other cars HG's. Any questions just ask.

Aaron
asheets1@umbc.edu

nighthawk said:
we dont use exhaust manifold gaskets do we?? or can we???

Thanks

I put some on mine a coupel of years ago, no ill effect yet... Got em from Autozone or Advance...

Hey man..I dont know where my man a few up is shopping but the head bolts are $16 a box which suits one full head, and the gaskets are about $21 a piece. You come out better buying those strictly seperatly. Or you can buy the whole head set which is around $130..All from advance autoparts, and they only sell felpro. Those numbers might put a smile on your face. They are for real though, i know, i just replaced my head gaskets about 2 weeks ago. But do get that head checked. About .004" had to be milled off of my passenger side head due to warpage.

Back