Third gear Blocker ring - help

keisers1001

Can anyone tell me what another source is for the fiber lined blocker rings for the '90 model 5 speed m5r2? I talked with Southern Gear (Florida) and they said that the brass blockers that they sell have no liner.....they also said that that I have the M5R1 and they did not put fiber lining on the blockers until 1995. This is so frustrating!!!

Thanks, John

they are liers :p , my 92 tranny had fiber blockers and i was able to get some right from ford for about 21 bucks each. Might as well do them all now as they are very limited. Gears 1-4 are the same, 5th is different and reverse is also different. I had the part numbers somewhere, but just do a search and then look on fordparts.com. I think thats where i got mine and it only cost me like 22 bucks each and i got all 6 rings. I also got a few extras cause i knew parts would run out in the near future.

Part No.s

1st - 4th: E9SZ-7107-A usually come 2 to a package.

5th: E9SZ-7107-B

Reverse: ? Didn't buy that one

Supposedly all have been obsoleted by FoMoCo .

Hopefully someone else at Southern Gear can cross reference the part no.s to what you need.

Thanks for the info...F.ord says that the blockers are discontinued. I found out that the Southern Gear out of Atlanta can special order the fiber lined blockers for 175.00/set or charge 37.00/pc for them (add an extra 3 days). I do not want to put the all-brass blockers in my car due to the fact that my car has 120,000 miles on it and the syncros look excellent. All of then have .070" - .080" gap except third gear which has about .040" (which is still acceptable according to the service manual, but I am going to replace it anyway). The reverse is another story. The blocker looks good, but the slider is chewed up. The brass blocker is not doing it's job!....Anyway, I had another company tell me that I had an M5R1...still frustrating. I guess I will order the blocker from southern gear, even though it seems a little pricey.

You can still get the OE blockers from some Ford dealers. There is a dealer near me that has about 40 of them. Problem is they are about $35ea. The M5R1 is a different tranny. Very similar but was never offered in an SC.

Back