Brother got a 95 SC auto and we Raced.

Callmewhitexr7

My brother just recently bought a 95 auto SC , so of course we had to line em up. Well the first night he got it we raced and I pulled 2 cars on him before he let off. So now he wants to mod it. I looked at it the next day (being the nice brother I am and also knowing more about these cars than him) to see if there were any problems with it. Well he told me it idled low and had been getting hot so i started there, changed the CTS and radiator cap (fixed the problem) then changed the oil and while i was at it took out the air silencer. Now since i got my resonator removed of course he had to get his done too. So he gets his removed and the car now idles at 1500 and wont go down so we check it IAC and its bad so i trade him a new one that i have for a set of solid motor mounts and a solid tranny mount. Put it on and idles perfect 650. After all this It runs really good now still doesn't hang with my SC but does better. So yesterday I'm at work and he calls hey I got a full exhaust with headers and Nitrous (hes always in competition with me lol) and I'm like ok well i know you dont have headers but ill see when i get home. All he got done was cats removed and new 2 1/4 in downpipes back to the coupler. Very very big difference made. Now he is beside me till I hit 2nd then i pull maybe a bumper then 3rd I pulled about a car and a half. Just wanted to let you all know about my race with another SC.

NICK

So without cats and without a resonator don't your SC's sound like hondas?

Did he get a nitrous kit or is he just blowing smoke up your ***?

I actually like the way it sounds and trust me i hate hondas. No he didnt get nitrous hes always in competition with me and he lyes alot.

NICK

Callmewhitexr7 said:
I actually like the way it sounds and trust me i hate hondas. No he didnt get nitrous hes always in competition with me and he lyes alot.
NICK
I am waiting for my paycheck to get my removed too...Probably will do on this week end

Scott Long said:
So without cats and without a resonator don't your SC's sound like hondas?

Actually no they dont sound like Hondas. Mine, i think, gave ut a awesome rumble and it sounds really good. They do drone bad but im down with that.

Hey?! That system looks familiar! ;)

FYI, I'm still having trouble getting the 2.5" downtubes to seal against the ported stock exhaust manifolds. In the future, I may look at modifying a set of the V6 'Stang headers (Ford or MAC) to work in my setup. I'm hoping the bigger collector would allow for a proper seal.

...And Scott, without the resonator, I don't have a problem with drone. That's the benefit of running those big Borla mufflers, and the X-pipe helps too.

Cheers,

Sean

I've heard the SCP Big dog w/o a resonator and it was loud at idle and rumbled but on the highway when the car takes off next to me it sounds high pitched and raspy like a super ricer. I'm sure it flows really well though.

I've got an scp exhaust...well actually I took the pic of it to alocal guy and he bent the same thing up for me...sorry scp saved on some shipping costs and all that. anyway I've got hollow cats the magnaflow resonator and no mufflers in the back, shes loud at idle, shes loud all the time, its got a hell of a drone goin 70 down the highway too. Inside of the car vibrates at low speed, kinda need some mufflers, well thats what passengers think anyway.

Payton said:
Instead, after pleasant conversation with 92strokebird I decided to do my exhaust this way: keep both cats, x pipe and two mufflers. All in 2.5" The whole system is made of stainless steel.
Something like that:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22769&highlight=exhaust
I've finished working on my exhaust yesterday. As I was planning I went with two high flow cats, x-pipe, going to 2 big mufflers. I am going to get the parts numbers and make some pictures. Once again, no resonator. sounds a little bit loud, i think, but damn, what a difference!!! :D

i just got true duals that i bent during auto shop.. took a few days but i got it done, doin the x-pipe took me a while to figure out tho... its louder than anything but im puttin sum 2 chamber flos on it and i hope it will quiet it down... i got a 4.6 tho so im sure ur guy's cars sound different than mine does

Back