94/95 M5R2 swap into 89?

Callmewhitexr7 said:
I was just wondering If i put a 94/95 M5R2 in my 89 would it make me accelerate faster or slower?

NICK
Depends on your rear end gears. If you have 3.27's or higher then it will help. If you still have the stock 2.73's it may not. 1st is taller and all the gears are evenly spaced as opposed to the large gaps that the old style has.

I was just wondering this because Im gonna get a new tranny and if it would help then I'd change to a 94/95 style. I still have the stock 2.73's. I think my cougar had the newer style in it cause it would do 120 in third would this explain why It did 120 in third?

NICK

Callmewhitexr7 said:
I was just wondering this because Im gonna get a new tranny and if it would help then I'd change to a 94/95 style. I still have the stock 2.73's. I think my cougar had the newer style in it cause it would do 120 in third would this explain why It did 120 in third?

NICK
If you really want to know, then check your rpms against speed and do the math.

Last edited:
My cougar did 120 in third so yes they do and I've also read a guy on here stating that his 95 sc did 120 in third, and wouldnt it make sense seeing as how they do 105 if the gears are taller then it should at least gain 15 mph in the three gears being taller.

NICK

Back