Recall Information

Ira R.

I keep seeing comments and references to head gasket replacements made under a recall. Now I am not the original owner of my SC and I have not owned it for long enough to have gotten a notice if there was one, but when I went to the Ford web site and did some research, it tells me that there is no recall for any parts on my car.

For those of you unfamiliar with the web site, you punch in the VIN number to get this information.

So, is there, was there, a recall for the head gasket? Sure would be nice to have Ford replace them now at their cost then have to wait for something to break at mine :rolleyes:

irar

There was a recall. Not anymore!! They wouldn't cover my 95 let alone a 92. And it blew not to long after I got it.

91BLOWNSC said:
There was a recall. Not anymore!! They wouldn't cover my 95 let alone a 92. And it blew not to long after I got it.

Yea well, I guess I kinda expected that. I was just curious because if I can get the details of the recall I can at least make a few waves and see if anything turns up. I have nothing to lose.

Anyway, I saw your sig, and if mine doesn't blow until I hit 125,000 I will be one very happy camper! Did I mention it only has 77,000 on it now? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
hmm..

Well yeah that was my 91. My 95 blew at about 83k. Good luck hope yours lasts longer than both of mine!

Ford had an "owner notification program", which is different than a safety recall, for all of the 94 - 95 vehicles with the 3.8 motor. This included the SC. Ford would replace the head gaskets up to 7 years or 100,000 miles from the warranty start date of the car, if they needed doing. That's the difference between an ONP and a recall ... they would only repair the vehicles that needed it, rather than bringing them all back for repairs.

So because of the time limitation, that program is long expired.

cheers,
Ed N.

NMxr7SC said:
i wouldn't trust ford under the hood of my car if my life depended on it anyway!
The irony of that statement (cough.. car built by Ford to begin with.. cough) not lost on some of us. ;) I think what you meant was you wouldn't trust Ford label dealerships to service your car reliably.

fast Ed N said:
Ford had an "owner notification program", which is different than a safety recall, for all of the 94 - 95 vehicles with the 3.8 motor. This included the SC. Ford would replace the head gaskets up to 7 years or 100,000 miles from the warranty start date of the car, if they needed doing. That's the difference between an ONP and a recall ... they would only repair the vehicles that needed it, rather than bringing them all back for repairs.

So because of the time limitation, that program is long expired.

cheers,
Ed N.
Well, your the man you would know for sure. Oh well. Thanks!! Just thought I might save a few bucks down the road just in case.

irar

Back