PDA

View Full Version : What's the most notorious automotive badge in history?

Darkside
09-16-2004, 12:49 AM
Was thinking about this earlier today, 'what is the most notorious/infamous/famous automotive badge in history, SS?, Cobra? My pick is down below.

Darkside
09-16-2004, 12:57 AM
Another example.

SC90_Pete
09-16-2004, 02:38 AM
That's easy, why of course it is Motorsport as in BMW Motorsport, the Ultimate Driving Machine. http://www.fozgate.godswrathclan.net/ebaypics/M_badge.JPG

mannysc
09-16-2004, 10:18 AM
oh without na doubt this emblem on a 68 ss dart. still holds the world title to this day both NHRA& IHRA

Ira R.
09-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Was thinking about this earlier today, 'what is the most notorious/infamous/famous automotive badge in history, SS?, Cobra? My pick is down below.

beep, beep!!

(sorry, couldn't find a picture, but then, you don't need to see the picture do you :D )

BobGPz
09-16-2004, 10:53 AM
I am going to have to go with the "Hemi" badge on this one.
I used to have a 68' Dodge Dart GTS so I'm a bit partial to the Mopar family..sorry it's paint isn't shiny..

Also like the "SS" as in my 65' Impala SS. Had two of them, this one was my gray/black one.

BikerSC
09-16-2004, 12:31 PM
I think this one takes the cake

http://www.cha8582.com/carstory/gallery/Barchetta%20Pininfarina/images/ferarri-emblem-1.jpg

-Steve

89SCK@t
09-16-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here....

http://e.myspace.com/00022/06/92/22072960_l.JPG

Andy 94SC
09-16-2004, 05:45 PM
http://136.181.129.11/Msp_fx1.gif

tim
09-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Have to agree with the Hemi tag. Whats the differance between a BMW and a cow? On the cow the @$$hole is on the outside.

ThunderDave
09-16-2004, 06:31 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here....

http://e.myspace.com/00022/06/92/22072960_l.JPG

If that's a Shelby Mustang, you got my vote.

David

dirtybird91
09-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Let's not forget about.........

XxSlowpokexX
09-16-2004, 06:58 PM
I'd rather forget about the vette..

I'd have to say the Shelby CObra.....And more recently the Ford GT :O)

Darkside
09-16-2004, 06:59 PM
Have to agree with the Hemi tag. Whats the differance between a BMW and a cow? On the cow the @$$hole is on the outside.
What about the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?
On a BMW the pks are on the inside.

Darkside
09-16-2004, 07:03 PM
I am surprised nobody mentioned.....

Darkside
09-16-2004, 07:04 PM
http://136.181.129.11/Msp_fx1.gif
I think you win, for one you got the idea right, and two I can't think of anything I would rather not be around when going fast. ;) :D

SC90_Pete
09-16-2004, 09:18 PM
You can hate all you want but the M cars have earned respect all over the world much like Ferrari and Porsche. They not only go in a straight line but tear it up on the road courses where the true racing is. It's all a matter of preference so let's keep the ***** talking to a minimum. I love the old muscle cars of yesterday but technology has improved greatly not only in the engine bay but also regarding suspensions.

http://www.fozgate.godswrathclan.net/ebaypics/m3.JPG
How can you hate on this car? It is a work of art.

Scott Long
09-16-2004, 09:30 PM
I like BMW M cars, but that one is ugly, looks like someone pissed on it.

Oh and I vote for this emblem

http://home.att.net/~buickGNX/GNX/GNX_emblem.jpg

tim
09-16-2004, 10:24 PM
BMW=yuppie scumbag mobile. 95% of the people that own them cant drive them. Statis symbol of the rich and wantabe rich. If you want to talk about world class the prancing horse says it all. If I was going to buy a German car it would be a Porsche. A real true sports car.

dirtybird91
09-16-2004, 10:27 PM
BMW=yuppie scumbag mobile. 95% of the people that own them cant drive them. Statis symbol of the rich and wantabe rich. If you want to talk about world class the prancing horse says it all. If I was going to buy a German car it would be a Porsche. A real true sports car.

Naaa Tim. We can't judge a world class automobile by the people that drive them. :rolleyes: I will say that it is rather upsetting to observe the "homeboys" on the block in a $50,000.00 car still living at home with MAMMA! LOL!
Oops! I said "mamma", he will be locking this tread soon! Too much ebonics! :rolleyes:

BikerSC
09-16-2004, 11:41 PM
That is a beautiful M3. I do agree about the M status meaning so much.

Andy has hit it on the nose there. I have met up with them one to many times while going too fast.

-Steve

Darkside
09-16-2004, 11:52 PM
How can you hate on this car? It is a work of art.
It's nice, but that color has got to go. Anyway, I think you guys may be missing my point. I wanted to know from you guys what the most universally known and recognized badge would be. The Hemi badge for example, while respectable, isn't going to be understood by the masses. Ford made Hemi's too. Just didn't advertise it. I just was thinking that the 5.0 badge was the most famous because I think most people recongnize it and associate it with performance, even people that might not know that much about cars. That was my train of thought. Even your average teeny bopper will see a 5.0 on the fender and think "fast car". The majority of them and most people wouldn't think a M series BMW is anything special.

quick35th
09-17-2004, 12:00 AM
Everyone around where I live say that these stickers add 5hp. LOL!!

Shane

mannysc
09-17-2004, 12:03 AM
ford didnt build a hemi they built a sohc 427 a boss 429 pentroof and a old time ardun hemi headed flat head conversion was not ford but a after market conversion made by the father of the z28 and corvette dorus arkus duntov,

and as for the hemi it was a bad azz even now a 68 ss dart ran 10s off the floor, it had street hemi heads not the race hemi heads, yes a motion camaro could do tens but it had a all out race cam headers aftermarket intake 12.5 compression if you matched the cam lift and duration on a hemi to that of the chevy it would be a 9 sec car the hemi was detuned the chevy was a heavely modified street motor.

yes My love for mopars is evedent my internet name before mannysc was mannymopar ive owned everything mopar from 318 to hemi 440-6 to slant 6

the kids still know what a hemi was and is even though fast and delerius tried to make it out a ricer could keep up with a blown hemi car on a wheelie.

Darkside
09-17-2004, 12:38 AM
[QUOTE=mannysc]
and as for the hemi it was a bad azz even now a 68 ss dart ran 10s off the floor[\QUOTE]
I'm raising the BS flag on this one big time Manny. 10's off the floor?? Ummmmmmm, NO. I would bet your life that a 427 Shelby Cobra would beat it. How many people have heard of a 68 SS Dart or for that matter what engine came in it? Just wondering if you know what Hemi is all about. :confused: Tell me what Hemi is.

Darkside
09-17-2004, 12:45 AM
Got this off another forum. Good points.

"Okay, first of all and in no way flaming anybody just trying to clarify things. Almost every 4-valve engine ever built has been a "hemi" with a hemisphirical combustion chamber out of necessity of design. It is still this way today. So to say it is "no mean feat" to make a 4-valve Hemi is exactly the opposite of reality ...virtually every 4 valve engine IS a Hemi..... they just don't advertise

And, just as an fyi for those who don't know......Chrysler didn't invent the Hemi....they weren't even close. Bugatti was building 4 valve combustion chambers with a hemi design in the ninteen twenties....and almost everybody else who built a multi valve motor before WW2 beat mother Mopar to the punch by a long way, as they were virtually all hemi-chamber designs as well as mentioned above.

As for the Ford SOHC controversy. Yes Chrysler did build a DOHC Hemi prototype. Ford was denied the right to use their 427 SOHC long before Chrysler even thought about showing their DOHC engine to NASCAR so no...they did not get rejected at the same time. And, the Chrysler motor did have DOHC's, but it did not have four valves...it had two. And, while the SOHC Ford was not a "production" car motor at least the motor itself was produced.....the DOHC Hemi never made it.

As for the 427SOHC's reliability issues keeping it from drag racing. Nope, sorry. What got the Cammer out of drag racing was a little thing we call rules, not reliability. As an example, the Cammer was the first motor to top 200mph in the quarter not the Hemi. The Hemi's dominance in drag racing now and for some time past isn't hard to figure...the rules favor Hemi headed designs, so they rule......big surprise.

Sorry, I am just one of those guys who thinks Hemi's are over rated. Great engines, but not nearly so great as some seem to think. As an example I will point out that the record holder for NHRA "stock" class drag racing...muscle cars in other words....is a 69-1/2 Ford Falcon (stripped Torino) with a 429SCJ....nuff said."

Manny........What's up? Eagerly awaiting your response. Hemispherical heads....nothing special.

JSC
09-17-2004, 01:15 AM
Ummm ok back to badges....much as i hate to say it the pony is probably the most memorable car badge and for car related stickers STP ( the racers edge )
at least in the time when i grew up.(or tried)

tim
09-17-2004, 05:44 AM
Hey guys I am old enough to remember. Mr. Norms Grand Spalding Dodge in Chicago. You could buy a Hemi Dart off the showroom floor with all the factory fiberglass. Came only in a two door sedan. Not a street hemi but the full out drag motor. They had a second window sticker that said Not for street use built only for racing. The ones I remember were white only. Mats no rugs. Manny is right they did ten second 1/4 times. I know because a friend of mine when we were about 17 bought one. He drove it on the street a lot. Scared you so bad you wanted to get out.

ThunderDave
09-17-2004, 05:51 AM
Here's Frank looking for trouble. :D He's upset that he doesn't have his turbo/ superchaged/ sc/ kit car, oh what ever it's going to be when it's done. ;) Now leave Manny alone. He knows mopars and if he says it's so, it's so. Just like Jim D. Jr. says something. :eek:

And stop bashing the beamers before we call your mama. Oooppps, I did it too. :eek:

Really, let's not forget the R/T on the Dodge Challengers, very unmistakeable.

David

BobGPz
09-17-2004, 09:10 AM
Here's a flashback for you Mopar and Mr Norm fans,, Look what I found at a swap meet a year ago. Still haven't opened it. Also a Sox & Martin GTX.

edit....sorry, it's a GSS not a GTS.

Darkside
09-17-2004, 09:30 AM
Well, I was doing some research, and it looks like the SS Dart was built by HURST. Sounds identical to Ford's Thunderbolt. Stripped down, Fiberglass front clip, lightweight with lots 'O power. ;) :D And yes Manny, looks like the Dart could run 10's... with slicks. I'm sure if you put slicks on many performance cars back then they could run into the 10's or low 11's. It also came with a 4.86 or 4.88 Diff? Geesh! :eek: I do know that during this time that Ford and Dodge used to go at it pretty hard on the strips, Chevy didn't race back then so I guess they had no choice huh? :p Sounds like fun times. I also believe that the SS Dart was an answer to the Thunderbolt, being that it came out 4 years before the Dart. I don't know this as a fact, just makes sense. Either way you look at it, the Dart sounds like one bad A$$ car.

Dammet Manny, you made me hijack my own thread.LOL :p Oh well, I love car debates anyways. I wonder how much a Super Stock Dart cost back then. Probably 2 or 3 grand, huh. :( That's depressing.

Darkside
09-17-2004, 09:31 AM
Here's a flashback for you Mopar and Mr Norm fans,, Look what I found at a swap meet a year ago. Still haven't opened it. Also a Sox & Martin GTX.

Who is Mr. Norm? :confused:

BobGPz
09-17-2004, 09:41 AM
I wonder how much a Super Stock Dart cost back then. Probably 2 or 3 grand, huh. :( That's depressing.

I had an old mopar production book years ago when I had my GT Sport. It said that my ("Compact") Dart GTS could be purchased for $3,400.00, NEW! And for another $400.00 it could have been a convertable!! :eek: I could have had 1 of 500 1968 GTS Dart Convertables made for an extra $400? Ouch! Damn I kick myself for getting rid of fun car. Guess the guy I sold it to auctioned it off to some guy back east (NJ I think). If I remember correctly I think it said that only 47 Mr Norms Darts were made.

Darkside
09-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Who/what is Mr. Norm?

JStudrawa
09-17-2004, 10:34 AM
I had an old mopar production book years ago when I had my GT Sport. It said that my ("Compact") Dart GTS could be purchased for $3,400.00, NEW! And for another $400.00 it could have been a convertable!! :eek: I could have had 1 of 500 1968 GTS Dart Convertables made for an extra $400? Ouch! Damn I kick myself for getting rid of fun car. Guess the guy I sold it to auctioned it off to some guy back east (NJ I think). If I remember correctly I think it said that only 47 Mr Norms Darts were made.

1960's

Population 177,830,000
Unemployment 3,852,000
National Debt 286.3 Billion
Average Salary $4,743
Teacher's Salary $5,174
Minimum Wage $1.00
Life Expectancy: Males 66.6 years, Females 73.1 years
Auto deaths 21.3 per 100,000
An estimated 850,000 "war baby" freshmen enter college; emergency living quarters are set up in dorm lounges, hotels and trailer camps.

Looks like you'd spend a year's salary on that Dart! That'd be the price of a Vette these days!

BobGPz
09-17-2004, 10:36 AM
A Mopar version of Shelby.

The MODEL version I have has a 440 Magnum with the "Power Buldge" Hood and the "Scat Pack" Stripe around the back of the car. Not sure if it is the same one as the fiberglass/Hemi version, like I said I have never opened it.

Here is THEE most notorious badge on any car: :D :p :)

mannysc
09-17-2004, 10:56 AM
B.S. flag this this is for the young uns

http:///www.budgetperformance.com (http://www.budgetperformance.com) then go to articals then hemi dart at bottom of page

Nettlesd
09-17-2004, 02:11 PM
I believe Mr. Norm was the Chicago dealer who turned out some very nice/bad Mopar cars. Mr. Norm was the Mopar version of a Yenko dealership.

Yes, I had some very nice Mopar cars in my days.

rock5
09-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Have to add my 2cents on the hopes that I'll be inheriting a couple from my father-in-law.:

pro street rich
09-17-2004, 04:38 PM
He had a dealership on the northwest side of Chicago. He saw long before most of the rest of the pack that kids wanted horse power. He also saw that it would sell and put a lot of $$$$ in his pocket. There were two brothers that ran the place and they were the FIRST people to put a big block in the dart. They did it with all stock parts then took it to the Mopar "big wigs" and off and running. The rest is history, as they say...
For years they were the ONLY place to get REAL Mopar hot rods... With the fall of hot rods, so did the dealership....

pro street rich
09-17-2004, 04:46 PM
There are a few that come to mind, but two of the badest would have to be. 1] Shelby Cobra.......SC427, fat body...2] The street GT40, of which they made only a hand full of. These cars were full race cars that were sold to people who had a hook up at the local Shelby dealers....Yes these were the same cars that won the 24 hours of Le Man, and others. Even the "red horse" could not keep up with these bad boys..............Rich

Darkside
09-17-2004, 07:26 PM
While I'll freely admit that the ss Dart is a great performer, I still don't understand how somebody could say, in reference to the article Manny linked us to, that Chrysler was the only company with enough b*lls to do something like this. In my opinion the Dart is almost an exact replica as far as body mods and such as the Thunderbolt, only 4 years later. Aside from being a little quicker, what makes this car so special? I don't get it. They didn't do anything that Ford hadn't done first? Last time I checked, the 427 Cobra was the fastest production car in history until the Viper came along. Held that record for what, almost 30 years? I'm not sure when the Viper finally beat it.
The difference between a Cobra and a Dart though is this: You could take the Cobra to a road course and have a good chance at winning a race and then go to the drags the next day and probably stand a good chance again.
With that being said, I would still love to have a Black Hemi Cuda. 1970 I think? A challenger would work too. Never did like the chargers.

Randy N Connie
09-17-2004, 08:40 PM
VW Beetle,1964,bad-a$$

Darkside
09-17-2004, 09:04 PM
VW Beetle,1964,bad-a$$
There is nothing I can say about that Randy! :p You win! :D

Crossy
09-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Aww come on guys, you all forgot this
http://www.fordfestiva.com/mods_swaps_installs/DSCN0289.JPG

this is the most feared :eek:

tim
09-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Some Mr. Norm firsts, 440 dart, it was called a gss. 440 three duce dart, hemi dart. He had in stock at any time at least 50 super cars that they built at the dealer. You could sit down with a salesman and tell him what you wanted. 600 lift roller cam, 4:88 gears, tunnel rams it didnt make any differance they would build it. Like Rich said Norm did it before the factory did.

XR7 Dave
09-17-2004, 11:52 PM
I still don't understand how somebody could say, in reference to the article Manny linked us to, that Chrysler was the only company with enough b*lls to do something like this. Perhaps the better way to say it would be "no other company had the b*lls to take it to this extent...". Same difference, no one else was interested in trying to top it.

As for the 600hp claims, I doubt it. 600HP in a 2300lb car has the capability of running low 9's at nearly 150mph. Properly tuned and at the factory rating of under 500hp the car would run mid-low 10's at 130mph+. I think that would be more reasonable based on the historic evidence.

mannysc
09-18-2004, 11:28 AM
Dave is correct Ive had a hemi conversion dart " 440 block bored stroked via 4.15 crank and stageV hemi conversion heads and we dynoed it at 525 hp with a modern day cam and the stage V heads ,
they are a top fuel head converted to street use , so the old hemi could not have made more than 495-500 in its state of tune . maybe after the mopar gurus got to it it could , remember the old days they rated engines in gross hp I beleive a street hemi was really around 325 -350 rwhp

Ray Barton has some wild hemis being a crazy canadian he is the best at hemis almost all record holders use his hemis ,

not the ultimate car but a damn good drag car could not corner but hell it was meant to be a drag car for that matter a superbird was bad at 1/4 mile but was damn good at high speed .

darkstar_one
09-18-2004, 07:47 PM
the only badge around here that brings me to my knees is this badge

tim
09-18-2004, 08:20 PM
The big deal about what Norm did is that it was real affordable power. No a dart would not go around a corner. GSS stands for grand spalding special. You could also get 440 tri powerin the light dodge body that was the same as the road runner. Back in 1968 a new 383 road runner was $2800 Hemi If I remember right was a $600 option. Ford had some quick cars back then but they were not easy to get a Thunderbolt was not a car thatyou saw in showrooms. Back then you could do what I did. Buy a new Torino GT 390 with a 4 speed and bucket seats. Then pull the 390 out with 200 mi. on the car and put a cross bolt dual quad 427 in it. 428 cj car would run and hide. I ran it as a 390 at union grove till I got caught.

Darkside
09-18-2004, 09:17 PM
Then pull the 390 out with 200 mi. on the car and put a cross bolt dual quad 427 in it.
Oooooh, dual quad 427....I love hearing stories like that. That must have been a fun time to be racing. :D

Darkside
09-18-2004, 09:18 PM
the only badge around here that brings me to my knees is this badge

Why?? :confused:

tim
09-18-2004, 11:13 PM
I can tell you it was fun but believe it or not the S.C. is a lot more fun. With fuel injection and elecronic ignition they are fast and easy to drive.

darkstar_one
09-18-2004, 11:50 PM
well what i meant by that is that only the SS badge on the Camaro's can bring me to my knees, because ive seen how fast they are and all that torque and horspower from a NATURALY ASPIRATED V8. man thats dope.

Any-other SS badge can kiss my ***.

Cant wait until i put in my LS1 w/ Ram Air and the 6 Speed Manual Transmission in my garage on my 86 Grand Prix. Damn thats gonna be sweet. Too bad its gonna burn my SC.

Darkside
09-19-2004, 12:19 AM
well what i meant by that is that only the SS badge on the Camaro's can bring me to my knees, because ive seen how fast they are and all that torque and horspower from a NATURALY ASPIRATED V8. man thats dope.

Any-other SS badge can kiss my ***.

Cant wait until i put it my LS1 w/ Ram Air and the 6 Speed Manual Transmission on my 86 Grand Prix. Damn thats gonna be sweet. Too bad its gonna burn my SC.

I was gonna say, I kill V6 SS camaro's all the time!! :p :D LOL! I thought the SS option was just a suspension package. Could be wrong, not knowledgable on Chevy options.

darkstar_one
09-19-2004, 12:50 AM
nah the SS on the CAMAROs are the LS1 engine but the only difference than the Z28 is the aggressive hood scoop.

now the TRANS AM WS6. The one with ram-air, man those things are hella fast. Thats the kind of engine ima put on my GRAND PRIX. cant wait to get that going. but for now its just lying in the garage. covered in plastic.

XR7 Dave
09-19-2004, 11:32 AM
The WS6 is not faster than an SS. In 96-97 the SS was actually a performance upgrade from the Z28. And from my experience the SS even in the later years with the LS1 is slightly faster than a regular Z28/TA.

And no Camaro SS was ever offered with a V6.

Darkside
09-19-2004, 11:54 AM
And no Camaro SS was ever offered with a V6.

Oh, I'm sure you can buy SS badges somewhere can't you? :p Hence the laughing at the end of my post. Trust me Dave, I have beat a couple of SS V6 Camaros! :eek: :p ;) , or should I say a couple of SS BADGED V6 Camaros. :) :cool:

Hock
09-19-2004, 11:58 AM
I think you all are forgeting one important one from American history :eek: :D

OzzManG149
09-19-2004, 12:21 PM
This gets my vote.

http://members.tccoa.com/ozzmang149/Wilma/GT_logo_w.gif

http://members.tccoa.com/ozzmang149/Wilma/gt_img_w.jpg

intimidatorjr20
09-19-2004, 12:44 PM
WHo can forget about the 1970 Chevelle SS 454 ls6? Sporting over 500 HP, was the quickest production car on the planet.

90blkbrd
09-19-2004, 01:44 PM
nah the SS on the CAMAROs are the LS1 engine but the only difference than the Z28 is the aggressive hood scoop.

now the TRANS AM WS6. The one with ram-air, man those things are hella fast. Thats the kind of engine ima put on my GRAND PRIX. cant wait to get that going. but for now its just lying in the garage. covered in plastic.

The SS started in 1997 and that would have been a LT1. There was a lot more different the a hood scoop. Suspension changes, exhaust, and spoiler to name a few.

In 1998 they started using the LS1.

bustedbird
09-19-2004, 02:44 PM
I might be crazy, but I think that this is one of the more well known cars, and one that I would love to have!

XR7 Dave
09-19-2004, 06:42 PM
WHo can forget about the 1970 Chevelle SS 454 ls6? Sporting over 500 HP, was the quickest production car on the planet.

Um, no. Not 500hp. More like 450hp and it ran 13.6's @ 105. If a 70 Chevelle has 500hp then my SC has 650hp. :D Far from the quickest production car even at that time.

The SS started in 1997 and that would have been a LT1. Actually it was 1996. ;)

mannysc
09-19-2004, 06:46 PM
the 70 hemi cuda was a 13.33 car and the famed ls6 chevelle was a 13.40 car read the books boy yee and a ls6 had 450 hp 470 in a corvette ,

I had one I know a 70 ss 454 ls6 four spd

and a L88 corvettewas faster than a ss chevelle,

anywho of the old days hemi meant one thing a monster under the hood,

in 80s it was IROC and GN then it was SS camaros and 5.0 now its Viper corvette gt ford lightning wrx and alot of others im sure im missing. :D

BobGPz
09-19-2004, 09:58 PM
I'm not sure how accurate this is , but this is from that model of the Mr. Norm's 1968 Dart GSS I have. Thought it was interesting as it mentions how fast it was towards the end...

"Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge, locatedon Grand Avenue in Chicago, Illinois, was the epicenter of Mopar performance in the late 60's and early 70's and one of the most famous high performance auto dealerships in the country. Like Royal Oaks Pontiac in Michigan and Yenko Chevrolet in Pennsylvania, Grand Spaulding Dodge gained nationwide notariety for its dyno tuning skills and extra hot special edition cars. Under the guidance of "Mr. Norm" Kraus, Grand Spaulding Dodge was as much a full service speed shop as it was a new car dealership, with complete chassis dynamometer equipment and a full scale high performance parts department. Though aggressive advertising and promotion, the word spread and soon muscle car shoppers from all across the US were going to Chicago to buy their machines from Mr. Norm.
The 1968 Dart GSS was one of Mr. Norm's exclusive special edition cars- the only way you could buy a '68 Dart equipped with a 440 was through Mr. Norm. The engine was a definate tight fit, but in the hands of a good driver, a Dart GSS could dip into the high 12's. Your highly detailed Revell kit captures all the details........."
blah blah blah....
I found a picture of the dude and he is "Currently building the Limited Edition Mr. Normísģ SuperCharger sport truck (760) 630-6259. Here's a link:
http://www.yearone.com/leader_ads/mrnorm.html

Interesting that the "GTS" letters on my 1968 Dart are the same exact style/color as used in "GSS" only that the "T" is taken out of the middle and substituted with a all chrome (No black back trim) one.

pdennis93
09-20-2004, 10:08 PM
http://www.caprok.net/gtachuck/examples/birdhood2bmono.jpg

OzzManG149
09-20-2004, 10:33 PM
Ah Trans AM!!!! I had a 76 Trans Am when I was 17 wish I never got rid of that car.. 6.6L V8 bored .40 over RV cam. It ran really good... lol

SCollord90
09-21-2004, 12:15 AM
If I'm not mistaken FORD made something along the lines of a 500ci blown hemi. And my vote is for the 5.0 symbol. Not everybody knows their potential but when one kicks you ase you learn a little respect.

T-bird4vr
09-21-2004, 11:33 PM

HA HA HA HA HA :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

mannysc
09-22-2004, 09:53 AM
actualy a 73-74 TA 455 superduty was a 13 sec car x engine, very quick ,
very strong, very fast .

but 5.0 seems to be a good choice for recognition,

even though I can beat most 5.0 ,s and most all 4.6 mustangs mine is close to stock. right now.

only none stock is 70 mm tb slightly higher compression, and ported heads exh manifolds mass with post cut out drilled 15/32 tube , and right bank switchexd with left bank pistons noisy as hell . less side force .

yes grenade motor. anywho not very many parts and I easily blow 5.0,s off

but out of the box a very good hp deal and easy potential,for hp gains. :(

Super XR7
09-22-2004, 12:16 PM
I am surprised nobody mentioned.....

I second that (Cobra), best one ever!