with mods what should i run?

ben04

theoretically......from a stock 89 tbird SC 5spd.....15.2ish 1/4 mile

but with these mods......what do you think i should run?

1)mac cai
2)5% pulley
3)flowmaster exhaust (cat back)
4)hi flow cats
5)ported supercharger

ben04 said:
theoretically......from a stock 89 tbird SC 5spd.....15.2ish 1/4 mile

but with these mods......what do you think i should run?

1)mac cai
2)5% pulley
3)flowmaster exhaust (cat back)
4)hi flow cats
5)ported supercharger

hes right you wont see much better times, and it depends on how you drive too, but the exhaust will lose you some torque, and the pulley will get you that back, you got more air going into the sc with it being ported (im assuming at the inlet) but you dont ahve a blower top to have better flow, and ur intake is ok, but wiht out the TB and MAF you arent doing a whole lot with the intake.. get injectors an sc top and a maf and tb, or get some sticky tires, those will work to your advantage with these mods.

my .02

Depends on a few factors. Altitude, traction etc... look at my mods and I run a 15.1 @89mph at 3700 feet. Stock SC's around here run 16's or low 17's.

and those g-techs arent the most accurate things in the world either, your better off going to a test and tune day and having some fun at the track

ben04 said:
thats it???? weak sauce. i was hopin low 14s........ah well

..Since the car is 89, Your MAF is puny 55mm! At least get one from the 91 and up MAF which is 70mm. or a 76mm C&L. and are you running 2:73 gears?

Side note:

Vern's 95 SC /5SP in Alberta, His car is practically stock other then the hi-flow exhaust.. He's done a cupple of 14.7 runs @ approx.2500ft.this year. BUT.. that's after a lot of fine tuning and practice on launchs etc.

If you have a 94/95 SC with the above mods. maybe. :)

Last edited:
yea i recommend the 3.27 swap at the least, i paid $80 for a pumpkin out of a 90 sc auto, and it was by far the best/cheapest mod i have done, you will have a whole new car, and it only took 2 hours...id recommend finding a guy near you with parts,a nd pick up one, but make sure it ha sa closed diff

aplvlydrtybird said:
yea i recommend the 3.27 swap at the least,
Im running 3.55's w/ my 5spd- First is REALLY short on street w/ street tires, REALLY fun @ track w/ slicks. I had my posi rebuilt when it was out-- What a difference in traction as well!

I think you could squeeze a best of 14.7 out of that car with those mods. Granted you are starting with a 15.2. My friends 94 5-speed SC went 15.2 stock and now runs 14.9 @ 94 with a raised top, CAI, and exhaust.

The problem though is you need to hit the track and see what your baseline is. Mine would only do about 15.4-15.5 stock.

Micah

Back