SC heads..All years the same??And a few more questions

XxSlowpokexX

Well I just bought another Sc ..94 auto with SCP 300hp kit redone tranny and converter...Was thinking of doing soem head work..Hav ea set of low miliage heads of an 89 lying around..Are teh 94-95 heads any different?...Also..Any company sell a cam for our cars that isnt a reground factory?.....Thanks guys..Damon

One more thing....Has anyone upgraded their alternator?

yes all heads are the same. I used a 94 mustang alt 130 amp, just takes a little grinding on the bracket for it to fit. There is no one that sells a non-reground cam that i know of. Some places can weld the stock one up and then regrind but its a lot of money.

The heads use different casting numbers from 89-93 and 94-95. However, I was unable to determine the exact differences when I asked this same question a couple of months ago, and in fact, some say the 89-93 heads are better. Bottom line is that something is different, but not enough to make a difference.

I believe the changes made to the later model heads were to improve the coolant passages and increase the deck thickness. I don't think there are any performance advantages or disadvantages of the newer heads vs. the older heads.

Back