weird ? for you all

boostedbird

Ok first off i want to say to all you its really neat to see a site deicated to the SC birds and cougars. I have a 90 auto with 128000 miles on it ever since I got it it would never read over 8 PSI on the boost gauge I checked and rechecked for a leak but none was found. I even changed the boost gauge to see if that was the problem. Nope still the same old problem I sealed all the pipes and checked all lines and zip stripped them all to secure them. I then checked the pulley and its the same as any other SC I have come across. I was told that my bird should be pushing 12 PSI stock and just would like to see it doing that. Any help would be appreciated.

007_SuperCoupe said:
Welcome to the club...

Quick question for you...Does your car have the stock exhaust or a mroe free flowing exhaust?

I have the cats removed and no resonator and added 2 1/4 in dual pipes to the 2 1/2 single. But it was doing this before I changed the exhaust.

boostedbird said:
I have the cats removed and no resonator and added 2 1/4 in dual pipes to the 2 1/2 single. But it was doing this before I changed the exhaust.

If it is still showing 8-9lbs of boost, then you may have had a leak before, but since fixed it. That doesn't seem too far off for the exhaust you have. The resonator is the #1 restriction point with the cats following close behind. With those removed, you will not see as high of boost, as it is really a measure of backpressure. Open exhaust is reduced backpressure which means lower boost readings at the guage, but more power.

same here , since i gutted my cats ,and installed flowmaster system car runs and feels stonger but i get 10lbs max ,may be time to change pulley to allow use of free flowing pipes!!

check to see that the bypass is closing all the way the screw can be turned with a pair of needle nose pliers, mine picked up 2 lbs when I adjusted it ,

I had the blower off when I noticed it was still open a little

Back