Where is a memory wire I can use on an SC!?

Bigme574

I have a cd player that I hooked up, but it does not have a memory wire, The power wire did not work for the 12V, I dont know why, but I found a wire with a 12V feed to use. However, each time I shut the car off I have to redo all of my preset stuff. So is there a way I can run a wire in to be a memory wire? Also, where can I get a power wire that comes on with the car?? Any help would be great, I hate resetting my stereo.

Aaron
asheets1@umbc.edu

i had the same problem...the Ign wire is supposably in there...at least mine was....as for the constant 12v i couldnt find one either so i had to run a wire out to the battery...wasnt too hard nor did it take alot of time seens how i already have a hole throught the firewall for my ampp

Check your fuse

If I were you, I'd check the fuse box in the engine compartment to see if the 5amp fuse for the stereo is blown. This is a common occurence as most people only check the fuses under the dash.

Memory Wire to CD

If I am understanding you question correctly...

From the '89 Ford T-Bird manual, and from the original harness to the head unit, the memory wire is circuit 54, Memory Feed. It should be a light green wire with a yellow stripe. I don't have the manual in front of me, so I am sorry that I cannot tell you exactly which pin on the CD player (power plug) it goes to, nor can I tell you from which pin on the harness it is from.

I can check that after work (EST), and further clarify if you'd like.

Hope that this helps.

Scott

Thanks!

Thanks a lot everyone, I think what I will do is run a wire from the battery itself. But I do have one other minor problem...when I dim the interior lights my stero shuts off....HAHA looks like I grabbed the wrong wire for my 12V, but as long as the lights are not dimmed, the stero plays fine.

Thanks again
Aaron
asheets1@umbc.edu

why not grab a power from inside ? the vmm unit ? cig lighter ? headlight switch, inside fuse panel ? unless u really wana run a wire from the battery... Alex L

run a cable from the radio fuse just tap it on the fuse.(located under the steering wheel) and you'll get a constant 12v source. thats what i did when i installed my stereo.good luck

Back