Heres some food for thought

boostedbird

Ok well I did want to post some of the first ideas and mods I have done to my 90 auto SC. I installed a 255lph holley intank pump not the funest pump to do hahaha. I removed the cats and resignator and added 2 1/4 in dual pipe and connected it too the back pipe. I plan on adding a 3 to 3 1/2 inch pipe going back into dual 2 1/4 pipes to free flowing mufflers. Maybe headers if I can afford them. But I added a 9 in open K&N cone filter and no silencer with a cold air pipe coming up to it. I also came across something pretty neat I was looking at a 2002 pontiac grand prix that my buddy has wreaked in his garage and he was junking it because the engine trans and frame is bad so i asked if I could have the supercharger. He said sure and I took it home and took it apart only to find that it has the epoxy coated rotors. I took off my supercharger and to my amazement my old 90 bare rotors and their coated new rotors are the same a direct drop in!!!! I assembled the whole thing added new supercharger fluid and bolted it on to the car. It feels AWESOME!!!!!, My boost came up 2 PSI to a full 9-10 at full throttle I don't know why its not over 12 but read my other post and then maybe that will clear up why its reading low. But before i could only get 8 solid PSI. So where should I head next my goal is to have about 350-400 crank HP. Thanks for all the insight and hope this helps some others with their goals. Could be a cheaper alternative than the S blower. I also ported out the rear of the casing while I had it off too and polished the housing for a good seal and believe me it is pumping ALOT more efficently!

Its going to take a long way to get to 400 crank HP, just make sure your wallet is deep enough. Stock sc's put out 210 at the crank, so you have another 190hp to gain. Good luck, its not as easy or cheap as you think.

Okay so maybe i was aiming a bit high i would settle for 300 wheel HP hahaha. But Ill get there I took an 89 probe GT turbo and made it dyno proven 324 wheel HP at 18 PSI of boost with stock bottom end it can be done ow yes it can be done!!!

Welcome to the club! There are many things to learn about the SC. So far you have a good start. Do some searching around this sight, you are not walking on virgin territory. lol

Back