where to get pulleys

1QuikV6 said:
Wheres the best place to get a 5 or 10% underdrive pulley and whats a good price?

Supercoupeperformance.com sells them. I believe I saw a 10% on ebay. Carefull with the 10%. You will need upgraded exaust and/or headers to keep you head gasket from blowing. Espeacialy if you are useing your origional. Even though I have flowmaster, I'm sitting on my 10% until I get headers for that reason. Even with my new longblock. With the 10 you will also need a smaller belt. Again SCP sells this.

Check out the Group Purchases / Specials forum. There is a group buy going on right now for 5% or 10% aluminum overdrive pulleys. I'm thinking about getting in on ity myself. :)

What are typical power increases for a 5 and a 10? Can I run a 5% with stock exhaust for a month or so til I can get exhaust?

1QuikV6 said:
What are typical power increases for a 5 and a 10? Can I run a 5% with stock exhaust for a month or so til I can get exhaust?

sure you can..just take it easy....but just to be safe,you really want to open up the exhaust,especially if you're considering a 10% pulley.R/r hgs isn't hard but it is time consuming and not much fun so keep that in mind.

I run a 10% pulley on my 92 and it has stock unported manifolds, catless down tubes, and the force II flowmaster exhaust system. It also has a ZR intake and K&N cone. I get 10 psi VERY easily, and if I stand on it it will hit 15 psi in 2nd and 3rd gear. I bought the car right after the headgaskets had been done but have almost put another 100k miles on it since then. I'll be doing them again soon, but they are ok.

Back