Drinks are on me!

boostedbird

Okay a big round of applause and some congrats. All i heard when I got my SC was check the head gaskets blah blah blah. Okay well the guy i got it from said he had them changed last month COOL beans for me. Guess what that young man is a LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha want to know how I know?? I was going to check a customers fuel pump and gave it some gas and was pulling hard and next thing I know as i pull up too the light my cars idling really bad and theres alot of white smoke coming out the rear!! Okay I baby it home and have it torn down to headless with in 2 hours, all ford original gaskets and they were not new by any means!!! Very easy engine to tear down if i do say so myself. Went hunting and found some new felpro head gaskets and intake exhaust and thermostat gaskets as well. I went to the machine shop my dad owns and shaved the heads which were not warped but just to on the safe side. Then I took out the die grinder and ported the exhaust side nicely and flowed them on the superflow 600 and then just lightly polished up the intake side did a 3 angle on the valves and blasted it all to look good. Port matched the upper intake and have it all back together except for the powersteering pump, alt, AC and supercharger. But anyway I have devirginized myself by getting my first and hopefully last headgasket problem hahaha.

I will say with 128K on my engine I was completely amazed at how great the cylinders looked I mean this had great hatch marks still no lip at the top and when I measured the bore it was only off by a thousandth. Now thats impressive!!!! No carbon build up at all on the piston crowns or heads a little on the exhaust valves but not much I cleaned them anyway. So call me impressed with the bottom end of these birds.

Last edited:
:eek: :eek: ALL OF THAT IN ONE DAY ??????? :eek: :eek: :eek:
BOY YOU ARE GOOD....

hehehehehehehehe :D
are you gonna get it dynoed to see how much HP you gained ?????
P.S. if you don't want to change gaskets again make sure you install a high flow exhaust system...

I have already installed dual 2 1/4 downpipes and no cats and no resonator I am about to make the rear exhaust but the exhaust is getting taken care of I plan on some long tube headers soon and ultraflow bullet mufflers. I did install ARP headstuds I happen to have ordered them the same week I got the car for future plans on a motor rebuild so i had them already. I will take it to the dyno soon and see whats up.

No it all took me a total of 3 days to finish including the machine work. It kinda helps to know the machines and have the shop to do it all.

Back