Buying Wires

1fastsupercoupe

whats the best wires out there for my 94SC?.....im not looking to spend a ton of $$ on new wires..between $45-60....got motorsport wires now that are 2 yrs old/20k miles tops but i was told motorsport wires are junk and they ark after a few months.....any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

1fastsupercoupe said:
whats the best wires out there for my 94SC?.....im not looking to spend a ton of $$ on new wires..between $45-60....got motorsport wires now that are 2 yrs old/20k miles tops but i was told motorsport wires are junk and they ark after a few months.....any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Taylor makes some, but my local store wanted special order fee, and shipping so they ended up being $90 over the $60 for the wires. I said forget that and got the best for the SC from SCP, the are Manacore for $110. You will never need to replace these.

I've got the Red MSD "superconductor" wires on my 96' and they SOLVED a spark blow out issue I had with the ford motorcraft wires. When I installed my vortech supercharger I moved my coil pack to about the same position where the SC's have them. I got the set specified for the 4.2L F-150 engine, the wires are a bit long but longer is better than too short.

I bought Taylors from Summitt for like 45 bucks. They are reasonable.
Part no.: TAY-74269 Red
TAY-74669 Blue

Last edited:
Yes, have them on my car, fit great. Just type in the part no. above depending on if you want blue or red.

Darkside said:
Yes, have them on my car, fit great. Just type in the part no. above depending on if you want blue or red.
Don't type in the word blue or red. :) I just checked and they are only 41.99. Notice the R in the description.

yes..saw that..lol....just ordered them up...had to overnight em because i think the tuneup is getting done on weds and they most likely wouldnt of been here in time....

thanks alot

Any wire should work fine. I've run over 20psi with stock wires and plugs with no loss of spark. Most likely if you have blowout issues you have other problems.

Back