Where to purchase a 02 cobra R hood

Randy N Connie

I was told that Amican Sports Car no longer will make 02 Cobra R style
hoods for the 1989 to 1993 SC thunderbirds.

I called Legenary there phone has been disconnected.

Anyone know where to purchase a 02 Cobra R style hood for a 90 SC?

Thanks randy

I would stay far, far away from any and all products from Legendary. I have one of their hoods and it has spider cracks on the hood. They blamed it on something must have sticking up from the engine to do that. The damage was on the raised cowl. I had one of the hood support rip off the bottom of the hood. I had the hood painted twice because of their POOR workmanship.
Later
Ken

I talk to www.americansportscar.com and they say that they are not making them any more. Because they had problems with the hood latch area.And
the hood coming unlatch.This was just on the 1989 to 1993 SCs,they still make the 1994 to 1997 cobra r hoods.

Looks like another part gone for are cars.

RANDY

I guess I waited to long to buy a Cobra R hood.I just thought I would be able to buy a hood. When I got to the point in my project that I would be ready to install the hood.

It sounds like they stop making them because the customers had to put some effort in installing them.So another thunderbird part lost do too to much whining.

Now I have made parts that will not fit under my hood.If anyone that dosent like your Cobra R hood I will buy it.Even if damaged .I dont have a problem using hood pins.I need it before the shootout.

I was hoping to get one to complete the outside looks to match the front cobra r bumper cover like I had pland in the picture on my members page.

If I am not able to complete my custom Cobra R mods .This set back sure bursted my bubble.

I think I am going to have a private RANDY PITTY PARTY tonight for myself.

Thanks bummed out RANDY :(

Last edited:
I had a legendary hood for my xr7 and it fit great...However I've heard stories from all companies of bad fitment...Common with fiberglass

How much room does the Cervini Mach one give you?

They still have legendary hoods by me..Ill see if they have any SC hoods left

Damon, it has to be a Cobra R hood,or no hood.

If I can't get one.I am going with the XR7DAVE look,and just cut pathways
to match the tubes .And just stay with the stock hood.I thought Dave D's
SWB SC looked nice with the cut to fit the path of the IC tubes in his hood.

Randy

I love my new Age Classic hood.

leftfront-sep.jpg

The hood was $409, plus about $80 for shipping. They just redid there molds for the 89-93 to fix a few minor problems, and the fit was as good as any glass hood. The Gell coat is white, and was a perfect match for my car. I didnt even paint it. Wet sanded, used rubbing then waxed it. I may get the car painted next year, but if not, will leave the hood as is.

392Bird :What size fuel cell did yo use and were did you buy it.

Your bird is a nice setup.And thanks for the address for the hood.
Now if I can get one,and installed before the shootout.

Thanks Randy

It is a 16 gal that I added a GM 0-90 sending unit. I used a 0-100 ohm variable resistor in the return ground line, and after filling the cell and allowing the anti slosh unit time to settle, tweaked the resistor till it showed Full. It ends up reading about 1/4 when empty. There is no 20-130 ohm senders for the foam filled celll. No way to get the 0-90 to track at both ends with a guage that is designed for that wide of a ohm span. Got the cell from Summit.

They told me 7-10 working days on shipment on the hood, and the were right on time. I wish I could of got buy with out one, but still have clearance problems to connect the carb intake for direct cowl intake only.

Good luck getting it ready in time.

Edit: The resistor ended up being around 75 ohm, so I replaced the variable with a fixed 75 ohm 5 watt resistor in line. You could also calibrate it for the Empty reading the same way.

Last edited:
Legendary is now known as Fast Glass, but i believe the BBB shut them down due to their factory emmitting fiberglass particles into the air.. but i'd probably stay away from a legendary/fast glass hood anyways :)

Back