Car Died Please Help!

Sweet90SC

On my way to to my Moms Birthday tonight my SC just died... :confused:
It will turn over but won't start like it jumped timing or something???
The up shift light stays on too..(The amber arrow on the tach)
Help! :(

DIS? Crank Sensor? Car hates me?

Thanks Rick

sounds like one of two things has happend.

1. Your crank sensor has gone bad.

2. You broke the bolt that keeps the harmonic balancer on the crank and it has walked off the crank fare enough so that the crank sensor can not read how fast the crank is spinning. There is I guess you could call it a shutter on the back of the balancer that the crank sensor reads. Check to see if the head of balancer bolt is still there. If it is, replace the crank sensor.

Shane

Thanks Shane...

Bolts still in there tight so guess I need a sensor...My turn I guess

Thanks again,
Rick

i would wait more time to see what others may have to say bout this.............i would also agree with the Dampner!!!!

I dont think it is your crank sensor unless it has gotton wet or maybe some wires are cut leading to the sensor!!

You said she cranks....but will not fire up? and the Upshift light stays on all times?

My harmonic balancer/vibration dampner has broke on me 2 times in 6 years and both times, exactly what u say happened to me when mine went to the outhouse!!!!

:D

nighthawk said:
My harmonic balancer/vibration dampner has broke on me 2 times in 6 years and both times, exactly what u say happened to me when mine went to the outhouse!!!!:D

Sounds like you should get a BHJ balancer if you were having that much problems.

Shane

Sweet90SC said:
Bolts still in there tight so guess I need a sensor...My turn I guess
Thats correct. If the HB bolt is present, then the HB is in the proper place. It will break the bolt first, walk forward on the crankshaft and take out the sensor. The sensors can fail by themselves.

mine did the same thing about a year back, minus the upshift light (95-doesn't have one) mine was the cam sensor. super easy fix. but it would turn over as long as you'd let it, and never crank.

Back