Badly in need of miracle...

shultzy321

:confused: i have a 1993 thunderbird sc. i recently got my fuel injectors cleaned, now car barely drives. it sputters out constantly like its not getting any gas and almost dies. does die sometimes when i put it in reverse. the car constantly is running at 1000 rpm's no matter how fast im going. i changed the fuel filter, but still runs the same. at first it would only do it occasionally, then it would automatically run perfect, and the check engine light would go off and rpm's would be normal. now it does it constantly. someone said that it could be the O2 sensor, but i'm unsure. if anyone has a clue, Please, let me know.

Is it still throwing codes? That is #1. Pull the codes, as the old ones will still be in the memory reguardless. You need a place to start, if you just go replacing parts that people recommend you are going to spend 600 bucks and still have a problem. Once we know what the codes are I can give you a good direction of where to look and what to replace.

thanks for taking the time to help. really appreciate it.

thank you all for taking the time to help me out. my knowledge of cars is limited but slowly growing. i'm taking it in today to get a diagnostic test to get codes. hopefully it is a minor problem. its weird how the littlest problem could be the death of everything.

Back