stock 14.2's....damn turbo

SCMakeiv

i was rollin around with a few buddies yesterday lookin for a couple five litres that live in the area and came across a new dodge srt-4. It was an older guy driving it, we compared to me anyways :p. We staged up a couple times but never got a real chance to go full out, until i lead him to one of the 4 lane stretchs around...it was wet so we went from a rolling start(i know, my disadvantage) and holy *****!!!! he pulled so hard that before i even hit 10 lbs of boost he was infront of me and gone...got home and did some research on it, its a turbo pushin 11-13 lbs of boost and runs stock 14.2, little slower than the 12's he said it came stock with. But damn, for the money thats a decent deal, and with a garrett turbo system on there she would haul. Anyways, its the first car around town that has completely obliviated me so far, every thing else has been really close or i have wasted them. Its been really wet so far this month so racing hasnt been at its best. BTW, now that my exhaust is done, im getting a fan and the 5% is on its way to my door right now, cant wait. anyways, driver beware, SRT-4's are quick...but dont take the speed that well, in the rain it was pullin side to side everytime he shifted, im guessin that its a posi front end...what ever term they use for it. Also, forgot to mention this last week, i ran a thunderbird(94-95) non supercharged, but it was fully kitted and the whole appearance package, but we hit the highway and it wasnt even funny. As we were catching up and lookin over at her car she woke up her husband so he could witness it...as we passed them when we both booted it, he was just full of smiles...(*see honey, we should have gotten the SC*) :p:p thanks for reading guys...ttyl...Brett

SCMakeiv said:
i was rollin around with a few buddies yesterday lookin for a couple five litres that live in the area and came across a new dodge srt-4. It was an older guy driving it, we compared to me anyways :p. We staged up a couple times but never got a real chance to go full out, until i lead him to one of the 4 lane stretchs around...it was wet so we went from a rolling start(i know, my disadvantage) and holy *****!!!! he pulled so hard that before i even hit 10 lbs of boost he was infront of me and gone...got home and did some research on it, its a turbo pushin 11-13 lbs of boost and runs stock 14.2, little slower than the 12's he said it came stock with. But damn, for the money thats a decent deal, and with a garrett turbo system on there she would haul. Anyways, its the first car around town that has completely obliviated me so far, every thing else has been really close or i have wasted them. Its been really wet so far this month so racing hasnt been at its best. BTW, now that my exhaust is done, im getting a fan and the 5% is on its way to my door right now, cant wait. anyways, driver beware, SRT-4's are quick...but dont take the speed that well, in the rain it was pullin side to side everytime he shifted, im guessin that its a posi front end...what ever term they use for it. Also, forgot to mention this last week, i ran a thunderbird(94-95) non supercharged, but it was fully kitted and the whole appearance package, but we hit the highway and it wasnt even funny. As we were catching up and lookin over at her car she woke up her husband so he could witness it...as we passed them when we both booted it, he was just full of smiles...(*see honey, we should have gotten the SC*) :p:p thanks for reading guys...ttyl...Brett
yeah, you don't want to mess with them. i've seen one run 14 flat here at albuquerque dragway at about 5200' elevation, and it was totally stock.

NMxr7SC said:
yeah, you don't want to mess with them. i've seen one run 14 flat here at albuquerque dragway at about 5200' elevation, and it was totally stock.
We have a yellow one around here that runs 13.8 at the local track. He is also stock! I was in the staging lanes last year with my stock 2000 Mustang GT 5sp and the Neon guy pointed at me and called me out. I declined his offer. :eek:

Last edited:
dirtybird91 said:
We have a yellow one around here that runs 13.8 at the local track. He is also stock! I was in the staging lanes last year with my stock 2000 Mustang GT 5sp and the Neon guy pointed at me and called me out. I declined his offer. :eek:
don't worry frank, i think i can take that neon with your car when it gets done. chris and i will do the ops checks for ya. we may be retired and in wheelchairs by then but we can take em'! :D :D :D

NMxr7SC said:
don't worry frank, i think i can take that neon with your car when it gets done. chris and i will do the ops checks for ya. we may be retired and in wheelchairs by then but we can take em'! :D :D :D

Well, i'm still wanting to come out there with that 55 gallon drum of whup@SS, so you and Chris better be ready to back me up dammet! :p

Back