Intercooler on!!

tim

Just got done putting on my Sly Engineering custom intercooler. Before wouldnt turn the drag radials with 32 lbs. Now turns them with 27lbs in. What a differance in intake charge temp. Next step aluminum 5% jackshaft pulley.

tim said:
Just got done putting on my Sly Engineering custom intercooler. Before wouldnt turn the drag radials with 32 lbs. Now turns them with 27lbs in. What a differance in intake charge temp. Next step aluminum 5% jackshaft pulley.

Nice job. I told you traction would be the next problem. :rolleyes:

Dave thats ok I hope I end up making to much power for the drag radials. Seems strange that such a small change would make such a differance. Is it time for a new tune after I put on the 5% jackshaft pulley?

tim said:
Dave thats ok I hope I end up making to much power for the drag radials. Seems strange that such a small change would make such a differance. Is it time for a new tune after I put on the 5% jackshaft pulley?

Bring some money, we can dyno tune it on Sunday after the Shootout, or Thursday before if you have time. :D

MagpoweredSC said:
any pics??? was it cheaper to do than the mp front mount?
If he has time to do it talk to Dan Sly. Yes it was a lot cheaper and goes right were the stock one went. Much nicer then most of thr ones I have seen.

tim said:
If he has time to do it talk to Dan Sly. Yes it was a lot cheaper and goes right were the stock one went. Much nicer then most of thr ones I have seen.

Pics??

Its not a front mount its a double that has a higher upper tank and lower tank. It just barley fits under the hood. I dont have any way to post pictures till I get a new scanner. I will have somebody at the shootout take a picture of it if you like. Like I said heat was a really bad problem with this car. The old butt dyno tells me it really made a big differance. I could be wrong but I may have my 13.75 now. Last night on my way to Mc Donalds I ran a C5 Corvette from a roll and got him good. I was more than a little suprised.

Tim,

Is it like the double stock intercooler that's welded together with 2 cores, but with bigger end tanks? Does it fit in the stock location or is it a whole new setup?

Two cores welded together with mush bigger tanks. It fits in the stock location but just barely and the hood clears bya very thin hair. I cant say how much more power it makes. It feels like it may have picked up enough to put me in the 13 second range. If that is true than .154. I may however just be being overly stating the gain. The shootout will tell all.

The intercooler is a traditional type double intercooler that I had to make 1" longer to match the 2" raised top that I was running at the time.

I'm not in the business of making doubles, I don't even have a welder. I had this one welded up at a professional welding shop at great expense. So if your in the market for a double IC, talk to Fast Freddie or Tbird88 or whoever else makes them. :)

Tim, I'm glad it's working out for you brother. Hope you're deep in the 13s soon.

Bring some money, we can dyno tune it on Sunday after the Shootout, or Thursday before if you have time.

Dave,

I may need to do the same thing....please have Brian e-mail you my latest file and we can go from there. I'll need a dual program...for the nitrous.

David

Back