AHH, Check engine, Codes, Tapping, WTH!!

Bigme574

OK, My SC is sunning strong, other than the occasional bucking, (after new cam sensor, full tune up and new head gaskets) Loud humming from tank area...which I am assuming corresponds with the lovely horseride once in a weird while. Also, the check engine light comes on occasionally, So tonight it came on and i was prepared with the scanner. I pulled over and pulled codes 74 and 77. Now will a bad brake light switch throw the check engine light?!?!? Anyway, aside from all of that, there is a very minor tapping which I can only hear with the window open bouncing off of another surface or with my head under the hood whioch unfortunately increases with RPM. It happened right after HG install, whcih I assumed was a sticky lifter from all of the sitting which DID go away after the oil change, but now it is back a few hundred miles after. So what should I do?? should I replace the fuel pump, change the brake switch, throw my new radiator in and hope that my money is not wasted and the light and bucking dissapears?? or should I sit around worrying if the tapping is severe?? I torqed all rockers to spec and then a tad more for good measure. If anyone managed to read this entire ventious (I made that word right up!) horrid writing and can help me, please do so.

Thank you so much for your time!
Aaron
asheets1@umbc.edu

Formal request:

When a plea for help includes one or more EEC trouble codes, do us the kindness of including what those codes mean. I'm not going to look it up for you and my photographic memory is out in the garage next to my shop manual. :p

ok ok

Alright, I didnt mean to leave out any info, but the 74 code is a brake switch failure, and the 77 is a NO WOT at dynamic response test. So, I hope that clears stuff up. I am just upset after hours of labor and now a tap and a light. Thanks for reading anyway.

Aaron
asheets1@umbc.edu

Those are both operator errors for the run test. Nothing that will set a CEL. Check again and do all three tests. KOEO, KOER - and get the second set of codes for the KOER test.

Back