sc vs a 98 camaro

No. You will lose and you will lose by alot.. Dont even bother with the V6 Camaros as they are hi 14 sec cars out the factory also..

I say ********, I've beat Z28s and every v6 ive been against I've won. So I say depending on what mods you have and how well you can drive you may stand a chance. Also depending on how well they can drive.

NICK

Callmewhitexr7 said:
I say ********, I've beat Z28s and every v6 ive been against I've won. So I say depending on what mods you have and how well you can drive you may stand a chance. Also depending on how well they can drive.

NICK

He asked how a stock SC would do....With that being said, you must have raced stock/mildy modified LT1 powered Z28's if you're still running similar times as those in your sig. The later model V6 Camaros do run close to high 14's as someone stated above(with a good driver and a manual transmission), the autos are probably a bit slower though.

its a auto with a chip nothing special no exhaust or anything this car im looking at buying has a couple mods but i just wanted to see what it would do stock

If it is an Auto LS1 then it will run 13.50's at a little over 100mph all day long with a decent driver bone stock.. Once again... Stock vs. stock the camaro wins hands down.. Now if you want to talk modified thats another story..

Are you talking about a Camaro or a Z/28 Camaro? The standard 200 hp 3.8L Camaro would probably be a close race. The newer ones with a stick are pretty quick for being V6, they will beat the V8 ones of the late 80's and early 90's stock. My friend had a 95 Camaro auto w/ a 3.4L and a cat back exhaust system w/ dual tips (looked like a Z). I raced him in my stock 92 5-speed SC and it was not even close. I pulled him out of the hole and ran away from him. His car did look sweet though, t-tops, red paint, black roof, tinted windows. More people knew what his car was than my car.

Also raced a 3.4L 94 5-speed Camaro and blew its doors off.

The only Z28 I raced was a 94 or 95 6-speed and it had some mods (exhaust, tb bypass, k&n fipk, headers, 3.73's) and man he lit me up good. It wasn't even close. From a roll I'd hang with him for a few hundred feet and then he'd shift to 3rd and pull away from me. He said it ran 13.20's and I am pretty sure he was being honest. If it was an LS1 he'd be in the mid 12's with those mods.

So yeah V6 ones especially early 3rd gen ones are easy, but don't mess with a Z until you run at least in the low 14's but to be safe you might want to make sure you can turn 13.50's before calling out any LT-1 car. And without nitrous, stay away from LS1 cars, especially SS and WS-6's, they are wicked.

titanium89scguy said:
i just bought the car today
i drove it and it feels like it can run 13's

Nice, taker er' to the track and see what it will run once you get used to launching/taking off in it. :cool:

A 98 is an LS1 car, most of those run 13.5-13.1 stock, a few bolt ons and mid to low 12's are easily attainable. I wouldn't mess with it.

i raced a new v6 auto and beat it by a car, so a 5 speed would probably take me by about a half a car. so a v6 i would say go for it and drive good, a ls1 i would say hahaha because those are VERY fast.i have seen a 6 sp go 13.3 stock with my own eyes. wow.

Ive been hanging out over a fbody.com and most of the v6 6 speeds are in the 15.5 range. some are 16s. I now have a 93 z28 m6 and I can tell you
my poor super coupe stock or with my mods would not have a chance. Most dont know this but most of this car is composite like the doors and fenders. At 3250 it feels a lot lighter then the bird. LS1 is a completely better animal. The stock heads have such a perfect flow from the intake side like tunnel ram. ;)

Back