PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the worst smell ever?

Darkside
09-19-2004, 12:26 AM
For you guys that have used it, is it possible that Ford's friction modifier has THE worst smell ever? I left a bowl of it in my garage overnight and it stunk up my house and garage for like 3 days, even after I tossed the bowl. Nasty stuff.

Jeremy_K
09-19-2004, 12:45 AM
is it as bad as me after 4 slices of dion's pizza? :eek:

90blkbrd
09-19-2004, 10:19 AM
For you guys that have used it, is it possible that Ford's friction modifier has THE worst smell ever? I left a bowl of it in my garage overnight and it stunk up my house and garage for like 3 days, even after I tossed the bowl. Nasty stuff.

Spill curdled milk on your passenger seat floor boards. After 8 months and many attempts to remove this foul smell, I gave up and traded the vehicle in.

fast Ed
09-19-2004, 11:12 AM
That's why old, used traction-lock clutch packs are a funny thing to hide in the back of the drawers of someone's desk who you don't like. :D

No, I've never done that. ;)

cheers,
Ed N.

stubbs
09-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Used ATF makes me ill, then again I once heard about this girl...........nahhh.

pearl95sc
09-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Even the smell of some fluids fresh still makes for a good stink. Over by the ford assembly plant in chicago, around torrence and 130th, there is always a fould linger in the air, then again, the covered up landfills are right there too. You'd never guess garbage was laying under all that beautiful grass, untill a wiff of stink grabs ya.

Jim Cook
09-19-2004, 01:55 PM
I melted down my differential and gear set on the way to work one day and burnt lube sprayed out the vent and sprayed down the back end of the car. It took weeks to get rid of the smell and not just on the car either. The odor permeated the garage too. I'd put that stuff up against essence of skunk any day.

JStudrawa
09-19-2004, 04:09 PM
I melted down my differential and gear set on the way to work one day and burnt lube sprayed out the vent and sprayed down the back end of the car. It took weeks to get rid of the smell and not just on the car either. The odor permeated the garage too. I'd put that stuff up against essence of skunk any day.

A real foul smell hangs in the air by Upjohn's manufacturing plants in Kalamazoo MI. Worse than the Indiana steel factories.

Darkside
09-19-2004, 04:41 PM
is it as bad as me after 4 slices of dion's pizza? :eek:
As impossible as it seems, yes. :eek: :D

Darkside
09-19-2004, 04:43 PM
I'd put that stuff up against essence of skunk any day.
^^^^LOL! :p :D

Jimmy 2Coupes
09-19-2004, 09:43 PM
One of the worst oders I ever smelled was the first time I pulled the supercharger fluid plug and got sprayed in the face with supercharger fluid. It took what seemed like days before I couldn't smell it anymore and that is some rank ****. :o

mcate
09-19-2004, 10:46 PM
Anyone ever driven by Terre Haute, Indiana?

stubbs
09-19-2004, 11:08 PM
I have, I went through there after 9-11 going out to New Mexico to pick up my Mom. But I didn't notice a smell, and I stayed in Terre Haute?

Darkside
09-20-2004, 12:51 AM
going out to New Mexico to pick up my Mom.
Where in New Mexico does your mom live?

Jeremy_K
09-20-2004, 04:56 PM
:D
Where in New Mexico does your mom live?
hopefully not in Ros-hell! :D

dirtybird91
09-21-2004, 12:48 AM
:D
hopefully not in Ros-hell! :D
LOL! Why didn't you guys warn me about this place! :rolleyes:

stubbs
09-21-2004, 02:05 PM
My Sister by marrage lives in Albuquerque, I had to drive there to get my Dad's wife when the planes shut down after 9-11, she was stuck there. Intresting drive, the police where in such a state of panic over preventing another yerrorist attack that speeeding wasn't even an issue, there were points where I was cruising at around 135MPH, even passed cops going the other way and they never even turned around.

TbirdSCFan
09-21-2004, 05:40 PM
One of the worst oders I ever smelled was the first time I pulled the supercharger fluid plug and got sprayed in the face with supercharger fluid. It took what seemed like days before I couldn't smell it anymore and that is some rank ****. :o I give it my vote for worst smell as well.. but remember, according to some people here, who refuse to address that senses defying fact, Ford, GM and all other differently coloured and smelling SC oils are the same.. why... because they think so.. don't bother trying to argue the facts, their minds are made up. ;) ;) ;)