Need Help Fast!!

ThunderCoupe94

On my way home this mourning, Whenever u gave my 94 SC some Throttle, it would start shaking & sounded like it was missing. I am worried cuz right now its my only vehicle.. Is it the Spark Plugs are bad? I just changed em like 4k miles ago. I am clueless to what it could be... Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance!

Jay

What about temp, is it running hot? Any smoke? Thats exactly what Mikes car did when he blew the headgasket.

It's not throwing codes? If it's missing or chugging and it's not throwing codes than it's fuel related, as any electrical or ignition problems would immediately throw a code. When is the last time you changed your fuel filter? If you have changed it recently I would hook up a fuel psi gauge to your fuel rail and make sure you are getting correct psi, a partially clogged bag around you fuel pump or a pump on the way out could cause a loss in psi and those symptoms. After that(if OK) hook up a volt meter to the fuel pump wiring, a partial ground or any resistance for that matter could be dropping the flow to the pump and also cause a drop in psi. Just a few things to start with.

My 95 did the same thing except it was right after I replaced the plugs. Turned out, one of them was cracked either from manufacturing or during installation. Replaced all the plugs to be sure and no more "missing".

Back