Quick injector question

Jake

I'm changing out my stock 30lb injectors for 42lbs and the ends look a little different, the 42lb have 3 ports and the stock ones only have one port, did I buy the wrong injectors or do they come like that? Thanks.

if they are the 42# green top off of the lightning they will work and if the connector clips in, i hope you bought a mafs, & tb

I ordered them through advanced auto parts and they came in a GP Sorensen box. They were special order, and I bought a maf but not a tb

ok well if they clip in and sit properly they shouldwork, the more ports is probably just the style and probably allows it to flow more fuel through. i'd recommend the throttle body because i had the stock 50 mm tb on there while i was fixing my 70mm bbk, and the day i put it on my car with the 42#ers it was completely noticable, its driveable, but its will be wanting air, and the 50mm wont be enough, it will work fine but you will feel it pull better. IMO but yea if those injectors clip in they should work, try it and if it doesnt clean em off and send em back if you can or sell them

paint

aplvlydrtybird said:
ok well if they clip in and sit properly they shouldwork, the more ports is probably just the style and probably allows it to flow more fuel through. i'd recommend the throttle body because i had the stock 50 mm tb on there while i was fixing my 70mm bbk, and the day i put it on my car with the 42#ers it was completely noticable, its driveable, but its will be wanting air, and the 50mm wont be enough, it will work fine but you will feel it pull better. IMO but yea if those injectors clip in they should work, try it and if it doesnt clean em off and send em back if you can or sell them

What paint did you use for you supercharger I really like it I may do soon did you sand it completly down. It is awesome.

Jake said:
The tb is going to be my next upgrade. Thanks for your help aplvlydrtybird

anytime man, good luck with your project

scfix: i sanded the stock paint, and then i primered it, then sprayee it with New Ford Blue(bit darker than old ford blue) and then clear coated it a few times, i used the engine paint from wal-mart. hasnt really come off except for the few times i have taken her apart i have chipped it here and there, but that was about it. pretty easy

Back