2 bolts stoppingme from removing engine!

T@Sound-Xtreme

hey guys im trying to get my engine out btu i have these 2 damn bolts left any ideas on how to get them? THIS IS THE LAST THING LEFT, then i can pull it out and put mine in there. but i cant get them, every multi-joint, extension combanation i have tried does not work!

boltspiant.JPG

the yellow ones are the ones i need off, i have the red ones already off.
this is a pic of my new engine, just referecing to show which bolts i need off.

Tyler

The Bolts should be 13mm, When I had my tranny out the first time, I absolutely could not get the 2 bottom right bolts out and wound up stripping them. Wound up having to weld on some 5/8" nuts to them and then another hour or so of crainkin on them they eventually came off.
Just be careful and make sure that the wrench/socket you are using does'nt get crooked on the bolt when you are torqueing it. after that it should just be a matter of time and muscle.

Andrew
PS. You might wanna try hosing all those bolts down with some liquid wrench and let em sit for awhile so they might loosen up a little.

its not that i cant turn them, but i will spray them wiht some liqud wrench, its that i cant get the ratchet up there, with the socket, and extensions and u-joint, i think mr.ford himself would turn in his grave if he knew how hard this was! :D

Tyler

I bought a 4 foot extension for exactly this purpose. However I ended up going to Clutch Doctors to have them do my clutch so I never got to try it. Thought it would work though...

Thanks for the tips guys. Now I know where the trouble spots are for when I do my tranny swap out. I had planned on liquid wrenching them to start with.
Is this a bolt that could be turned with a crowfoot wrench?

You could pull the tranny out with the engine. Then just bolt the tranny back to the engine before dropping it in. It helps to drain the transmission.

Unbolt the the driveshaft from the rear, that gives you some help when installing the assembly.

Back