Remote Start Malfunction

pablon2

My remote start is not working. When I hold the button the auto seatbelt activates, the fuel pump primes, and the doors lock, but no crank (as though the starter is not engaged or no juice to it.) I noticed that this started happening after I installed a new fresh air induction system. This required me to unplug only one electrical component (the MAFS) which I plugged back in when done. So, I don't think this is causing it. Any ideas?

It could be as simple as a blown fuse, but most likely the alarm needs to be reset by someone who handles warranty for that alarm. If it's directed electronics (viper or something like that) just go to an audio shop and they can do it in about 5-20 minutes. In other words, the alarm might be confused as to what it should do and where signals go.

alarm

ILikeFtLbs said:
It could be as simple as a blown fuse, but most likely the alarm needs to be reset by someone who handles warranty for that alarm. If it's directed electronics (viper or something like that) just go to an audio shop and they can do it in about 5-20 minutes. In other words, the alarm might be confused as to what it should do and where signals go.

You need to either rest your tach or your wire for the parking brake is off (on an automatic you just ground it) Dei is really easy to do if its dei hollar again I will tell you some more about it.

Nope, the alarm may have its own pin switch. If the remote start module senses that the hood is open, the starter will not recieve a start input. It is a safety feature of the alarm. Is your alarm chiping a different amount of times when arming?

boosted89SC said:
Nope, the alarm may have its own pin switch. If the remote start module senses that the hood is open, the starter will not recieve a start input. It is a safety feature of the alarm. Is your alarm chiping a different amount of times when arming?
The number of chirps has not changed. I'll have to look around for the remote starter module as I don't know off hand where it is. But, I think you are onto something and I agree it is related to the hood b/c it doesn't close as tight as it did b4 adding the SPC cold air intake and racing oil breather cap (which I noticed leaves a slight impression on the underside hood padding when the hood is in the closed position). More later.

Back