arp head bolts

scfix92

I got the arp head bolts for my 94 sc from supercoupe performance and well it came withstuds washers and nuts for my heads do I need to use the washers and how do I install them. Do I just install them till they stop turning with an allen wrench, then torque the heads accordingly. what is the torque for the heads.

I'd recommed you do a search on ARP stud torquing steps.. Its a rather involved process. If you're an SCCOA member, check the private forums as the threads tend to be more indepth. If not a member, consider becoming one ;) ;)
Still, you can get good info right here. I don't have the ARP studs, so I can't help out much.

scfix92 said:
I got the arp head bolts for my 94 sc from supercoupe performance and well it came withstuds washers and nuts for my heads do I need to use the washers and how do I install them. Do I just install them till they stop turning with an allen wrench, then torque the heads accordingly. what is the torque for the heads.

they are supposed to be put in by hand, i used the allen and snugged em down a bit on my 91, it wont hurt anything, and i beleive you torque them up to 80 ft/lbs, well intervals up to the final 80 lbs. if you have the box it should tell you what the torque spec is or its on arp's website or you can jsut call or do a search on here, its like 75 to 80 ft/lbs i beleive, but look into it.

good luck

What are you saying?

scfix92 said:
What are you saying?

(1) You ordered head bolts & got Head Bolts AND studs?

OR

(2) You ordered head bolts & got Head Studs instead?

Confused 68COUGAR

Back