PDA

View Full Version : Damn I miss my car!

dirtybird91
09-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Some people work, come home and play with the kids. Some people spend wads of cash on vacations, hairdo's, women, ect, ect.
I spend every dime on my cars, and I don't feel a damn bit guilty about it. I wonder how many of you guys are as obsessed as I am? I am a bonified SC nut! :D

Damn I miss my '91SC :(

quick35th
09-23-2004, 12:05 AM
I hear you Frank. Lately it seems like all my money goes to my 35th and the rest to bills.

Heres a pic of both of my SCs.

Shane

dirtybird91
09-23-2004, 12:07 AM
I hear you Frank. Lately it seems like all my money goes to my 35th and the rest to bills.

Shane
I feel guilty Shane. My bills seem to take a second seat to the SC and I am starting to feel the pain.
Frank

quick35th
09-23-2004, 12:15 AM
I feel guilty Shane. My bills seem to take a second seat to the SC and I am starting to feel the pain.
Frank

Yup, same here. I am forced to budget and squeeze every penny this paycheck to afford my bills because of the money I spent on my 35th this month. Whats worse is there is much, much more planned for the 35th and with bills, college, girls, and what have you I dont know how I am going to afford it all.

Hope to see everyone at the shootout!

Shane

dirtybird91
09-23-2004, 12:16 AM

Heres a pic of both of my SCs.

Shane

LOL Shane, your red SC looks like my '91 and my twin brother's anniversary. :cool:

quick35th
09-23-2004, 12:20 AM
LOL Shane, your red SC looks like my '91 and my twin brother's anniversary. :cool:

Hey Frank whats even better is that my red SC is a 91 too!

Shane

CaifanSC
09-23-2004, 12:23 AM
OOOH man, do I get you guys. Theres the Sc enthusiast, the SC lover...and then there's a few of us SC Fanatics! (kinda scary). I have a large wall coverd with tbird posters and magazine ads, i have tons of sc crap, including the original auto trader ad of my first SC (framed and everything). As of money, in the past couple months i have spend so much crap getting ready to rebuild the engine for my 89...and im not done...in about a month i should be in the can for about $2500 bux...but with my 94 now garaged :D , my 89 on the road with a few goodies...and hopefully an 87 turbo coupe to toy around and not beat on my recently rebuild 89 (hopefully!). Oooh the love.

dirtybird91
09-23-2004, 12:32 AM
OOOH man, do I get you guys. Theres the Sc enthusiast, the SC lover...and then there's a few of us SC Fanatics! (kinda scary). I have a large wall coverd with tbird posters and magazine ads, i have tons of sc crap, including the original auto trader ad of my first SC (framed and everything). As of money, in the past couple months i have spend so much crap getting ready to rebuild the engine for my 89...and im not done...in about a month i should be in the can for about $2500 bux...but with my 94 now garaged :D , my 89 on the road with a few goodies...and hopefully an 87 turbo coupe to toy around and not beat on my recently rebuild 89 (hopefully!). Oooh the love.

Wow! You are pretty bad man! :D :D :D I just feel like I am freaken crazy or something. I would sure like to have a few SC posters myself. :)

Scott Long
09-23-2004, 12:32 AM
I feel that too. I drive the silver 90 in my sig, my girlfriend drives the black 92, and I got another silver 90 in the garage at my mom's house with the engine half out of it, my 460 is in the machine shop waiting to be picked up (bored .030" over), and I'm starting a new job now so I will hopefully have more money to spend on these cars. I have so much I want to do to each of them but I can't just mod one and leave the other two hanging, so I have to evenly distribute the cash flow amongst them.

Don't even get me started on bills. Luckily my electric bill was $9.00 this month, I almost **** when I saw it and thought it was a mis-print.

dirtybird91
09-23-2004, 12:37 AM
I feel that too. I drive the silver 90 in my sig, my girlfriend drives the black 92, and I got another silver 90 in the garage at my mom's house with the engine half out of it, my 460 is in the machine shop waiting to be picked up (bored .030" over), and I'm starting a new job now so I will hopefully have more money to spend on these cars. I have so much I want to do to each of them but I can't just mod one and leave the other two hanging, so I have to evenly distribute the cash flow amongst them.

Don't even get me started on bills. Luckily my electric bill was $9.00 this month, I almost **** when I saw it and thought it was a mis-print.

LOL SCOTT!!! $9 BUCKS!!!! Do you have one of those hampsters in a wheel hooked up to a generator? :D My electric bill SUCKS! I especially understand how you feel when you say you need an extra job to finish the cars. Geez! You are addicted when you look at the cars as bills. ;) I feel like we need to start a AAA meeting for SC addiction. :p

quick35th
09-23-2004, 12:37 AM
I have a large wall coverd with tbird posters and magazine ads, i have tons of sc crap, including the original auto trader ad of my first SC (framed and everything)

Hey I still have my autotrader add for my 35th also, just not framed. Even the mapquest directions on how to get there, and the pictures the guy sent me too! I think we should make a commercial like the NASCAR ones where the whole point it, "How bad have you got it?" That would be cool!

Shane

CaifanSC
09-23-2004, 12:41 AM
$9 electric bill? Wow! awesome...whats ur trick? As for SC-holics anonimous...

Hi, im Luis...and Im an Sc-holic. :D

I think im going to take pix of my tbird wall and post them...i even have the old tail light relector of my 89 mounted on my wall...soem one broke a little piece of it so i replaced it and didnt want to throw it away...so it stands on top of my bed! Talk about spreading wings!

Scott Long
09-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Frank, my girlfriend loves my black SC, even more so than her 96 Z24, but she can't for the life of her understand why I would want to have another one let alone 3. I said its easy, one is a 5-speed and I'll see how fast I can make it go. One is an auto and I'll see how fast I can make it go. And finally one is a big block and I'll see how fast I can make it go.

Next up I want an 87 Grand National and see how fast I can make it go. I also want a black 88 Turbo Coupe 5-speed and see how fast I can make it go. Hell I even want a black 91 SHO to see how fast I can make it go.

I got a problem, I love going fast, and I like specialty cars, but I LOVE SC's the best out of them all.

Oh yeah, my one bedroom apartment has its benefits. Besides the high rent, the electric bill is cheap, and I get free gas and water. But I'm right on the lake with a view and they charge an arm and a leg for that view.

Someday I'd like to add an 02-04 Black TBird to my collection.... and see how fast I can make it go :D

Scott Long
09-23-2004, 12:48 AM
I didn't run the A/C much but I always have the bathroom fan on at night (someone up stairs smokes and it seeps through into my apt. if I don't leave the fan on.)

dirtybird91
09-23-2004, 12:48 AM
I think my twin-brother is possessed by his '91 5speed. He has ran the holy hell out of that car and refuses to part with it for ANY reason! He ran over a deer a couple of years ago, he has spent thousands of dollars rebuilding the engine when it broke. Now something else is wrong with it, and the paint looks like cancer. He parked it in the yard and it has just sit there for six months. The only mode of transportation that he has is his 1992 F-Superduty Rollback car hauler. I think that car is C H R I S T I N E!!! :eek:
Remember that movie!? :eek:

dirtybird91
09-23-2004, 12:50 AM
Next up I want an 87 Grand National and see how fast I can make it go.

I got a problem, I love going fast, and I like specialty cars, but I LOVE SC's the best out of them all.

:D
Scott, you and me are from the same damn tree! :D :D :D

Scott Long
09-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Frank, I know you can appreciate this!

Grand National w/ pro-stars and slicks.... drool......

http://members.tccoa.com/slong92/gn/gn%201.jpg

dirtybird91
09-23-2004, 01:07 AM
Frank, I know you can appreciate this!

Grand National w/ pro-stars and slicks.... drool......

http://members.tccoa.com/slong92/gn/gn%201.jpg

Wow Scott, that's the only other car that I just have to own. I will not rest until I get one. In fact, I think that car is among the most special cars of all time!
I am also going to get me an '03 Cobra. :p

Scott Long
09-23-2004, 01:13 AM
I wouldn't replace my SC's w/ the GN, but I'd love to add a GN to my muscle car collection. I have wanted one since I first knew what they were. Best car I ever wrecked too. Almost had one a few years ago but got rear ended on the test drive and it got messed up. It had some performance parts from ANS Performance in Chicago. That car hauled ***, shift kit, exhaust, bigger turbo and injectors, stall convertor. Some mexican w/ no insurance hit us at a stop light. Luckily the owner was with me. It kept stalling out on the way back to his place. He said he'd get it all fixed and call me but I never heard back from him.

I would love an 03 Cobra someday soon too, black 6-speed, black interior, silver wheels (chrome looks good but those SVT wheels look better in silver in my opinion). If I can't get one, maybe I'll just buy another cheap SC, toss in an 03 Cobra motor and 6-speed, and have the car painted and put some 03 cobra rims on it like Sean Matteson and Fast Ed.

Oh yeah, gotta put an 03 or 04 Marauder on there too, preferably 04 since they got better torque convertors. Black of course.

And an newer supercharged Ford Lightning. Black. Is there any other color for the true gear head?

dirtybird91
09-23-2004, 01:17 AM
I would love an 03 Cobra someday soon too, black 6-speed, black interior, silver wheels (chrome looks good but those SVT wheels look better in silver in my opinion). If I can't get one, maybe I'll just buy another cheap SC, toss in an 03 Cobra motor and 6-speed, and have the car painted and put some 03 cobra rims on it like Sean Matteson and Fast Ed.

Oh yeah, gotta put an 03 or 04 Marauder on there too, preferably 04 since they got better torque convertors. Black of course.

And an newer supercharged Ford Lightning. Black. Is there any other color for the true gear head?

Damn Scott. God Bless everybody if you or I win the lottery anytime soon! :p
Not to totally change the subject, but it was up to $95 Million over in Tennessee yesterday. I don't know if anyone won or not? :confused:
I often fantasize about the showroom of cars I would have if I were rich! :(

Scott Long
09-23-2004, 01:22 AM
If I won the lottery I'd build a HUGE warehouse to keep my collection, plus like an 8 car garage to have my daily drivers in, and I'd build a bedroom/kitchen/bathroom on the property and call it a house. LOL.

I made a list of all the muscle cars I want starting from 1955 all the way to 1970 so far, It's 5 pages top to bottom in my note book. And guess what, not an import amongst the group. I'd maybe add a twin turbo supra to my collection if I hit the lottery becuase they can be amazingly quick. But for the most part, the majority of my car collection would be Domestic Muscle Cars and very hard to find examples of them such as a 1957 supercharged tbird, 1963 Split window vette, 69 Camaro ZL-1 (aluminum 427 powered), 69 Charger R/T Hemi 4-speed.... oh I'm dreaming now. Time to snap back to reality.

dirtybird91
09-23-2004, 01:26 AM
Scott,
I seriously think you and me did fall from the same damn tree! :eek: Hell, I even worked the same job as you! :D I don't much car for foreign cars either, but the Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo was among my favorites. :cool:

Scott Long
09-23-2004, 01:35 AM
Well I just got hired as a sales associate for a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer so hopefully this will put more money in my pocket so I can save up for my GN and continue to upgrade my birds. If I can do half as well as I'm hoping my annual salary could easily double if not triple with this job. Since I'm only 21 and I was getting by ok before, w/ more income, I'll be having a blast. I can then pay down my credit cards and start saving for a down payment on a house too, cuz I've been browsing through the real estate ads lately too. Oh and I'm also considering taking the big plunge soon (getting married) so we'll see. At least my girlfriend is into fast cars and won't make me sell any of my toys. I just gotta convince her to sign a pre-nup LOL. She won't but she is cool about my toys. She even wants to get a mustang GT 5.0L for herself soon. And she used to like Honda's and ricers before she met me, now she makes fun of them and races them w/ my SC. I taught her well.

dirtybird91
09-23-2004, 01:42 AM
You are beyond your years man. Not many 21 year old guys ever mention cars such as:
1957 supercharged tbird, 1963 Split window vette, 69 Camaro ZL-1 (aluminum 427 powered), 69 Charger R/T Hemi 4-speed

You are a good man! :cool:

Scott Long
09-23-2004, 01:47 AM
I swear I must be a re-incarnated gear head who wrapped his hemi charger around a tree in the early 70's. LOL. I love history, and even more I love automotive history. I bought a big hard cover book called "Cars of the Sizzling 60's" and it has all the bad *** cars in it. I remember my mom taking me to car shows when I was young and even though my parents were divorced and my dad wasn't around much, my mom made sure I learned about cars from her she remember from her teenage years. Plus all my uncles had fast cars. So I was around them growing up. I would love to go back in time for like a month to 1972 and be able to drive a bunch of cars from the late 60's and early 70's. Real american big block 400+ hp high emissions MUSCLE CARS!

Heck a 455 powered 70 Buick GS Stage 1 had 510 ft. lbs. of torque. You could pull a damn house down with that. get a 4-speed and put some 4.10's out back w/ some mickeys.... :D :D :D

dirtybird91
09-23-2004, 01:50 AM
Man, you are the last of a dying breed Scott! :o

Scott Long
09-23-2004, 02:07 AM
Even some of my friends who are car guys, can only have a conversation w/ you about one make and model of a car (the kind they drive, or the kind they want to own) but I can sit with a chevy guy and talk chevy motors, or sit with a mopar owner and talk about 727 torque flites, 440 wedges, 426 hemi's, and then my all time favorite FORD PERFORMANCE. I guess I fit the description as hardcore enthusiast.

On my way home from the dealership today I was in my 90 SC and I see a red bird coming up on the highway. Its an SC. 92 model year since it had the newer trunk lid but had the cornering light in the bumper (93 I have never seen this) it was a lady and her husband driving. I gave them thumbs up and he was looking at my car since I have a primer gray hood and hood pins (hit a deer last fall, damn its been a year already.... need to buy a fiberglass hood and paint it). I'm assuming he knew what they were driving in. It looked a little rough, drivers side front bumper was scuffed and turn signal lens was broke off, but still an SC none the less. Hopefully they fix it up and keep it. I hate to see a run down SC. That makes mad.

David Neibert
09-23-2004, 09:03 AM
Frank,

You may be getting your car back sooner than you think. I talked to HP yesterday about the schedule for my 347 SC and Tom said they are currently working on an Acura NSX that they expect to wrap up in a couple weeks, then your car is next up on the custom jobs list.

My car is scheduled to be done after yours and they should be ready for mine by late October. He said that the demand for turbo kits has been so great that they are no longer accepting any new custom installs. I'm thinking you will be driving your turbocharged SC by November at the latest.

David

dirtybird91
09-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Frank,

You may be getting your car back sooner than you think. I talked to HP yesterday about the schedule for my 347 SC and Tom said they are currently working on an Acura NSX that they expect to wrap up in a couple weeks, then your car is next up on the custom jobs list.

My car is scheduled to be done after yours and they should be ready for mine by late October. He said that the demand for turbo kits has been so great that they are no longer accepting any new custom installs. I'm thinking you will be driving your turbocharged SC by November at the latest.

David

David!
I am very grateful to you for that information! I thought that they had forgotten about me! You have made my day man! :cool:
My next project will CLOSELY resemble your V8 Turbo car.

David Neibert
09-23-2004, 03:59 PM
David!
I am very grateful to you for that information! I thought that they had forgotten about me! You have made my day man! :cool:
My next project will CLOSELY resemble your V8 Turbo car.

Frank,

Your Welcome....I thought that news might cheer you up.

David

White Lightning
09-23-2004, 08:07 PM
I was gonna add my 2c but, just reading your ***** made me laugh and remember some things I'd done at yer age, My buddies father went to school with the owner of the Old White Plains Ford, east coast hot Ford shop. and guess who got to drive a real live Shelby Cobra 4 2 7. I will n e v e r forget that! I think my next dream machine will be a FE power '57 "Black" 2 dr sedan, with No Chrome, and smoked windows, to keep nosey f*cker out. knarff,knarff, haahhahahah, but I will always keep my 5 spd Sc, always, $2k and adding. I love this car, blew off a jap job the other night right in front of a state trooper, ***** I didn't even know he was there, I guess my veterans plate saved the day. R.O.T.F.L.M.A.O. Cheers and beers to you guys and keep going what your fathers and uncles started so long ago, speeeeeddd liivveees. Frank H. aka White Lightning.

dirtybird91
09-23-2004, 08:50 PM
I was gonna add my 2c but, just reading your ***** made me laugh and remember some things I'd done at yer age, My buddies father went to school with the owner of the Old White Plains Ford, east coast hot Ford shop. and guess who got to drive a real live Shelby Cobra 4 2 7. I will n e v e r forget that! I think my next dream machine will be a FE power '57 "Black" 2 dr sedan, with No Chrome, and smoked windows, to keep nosey f*cker out. knarff,knarff, haahhahahah, but I will always keep my 5 spd Sc, always, $2k and adding. I love this car, blew off a jap job the other night right in front of a state trooper, ***** I didn't even know he was there, I guess my veterans plate saved the day. R.O.T.F.L.M.A.O. Cheers and beers to you guys and keep going what your fathers and uncles started so long ago, speeeeeddd liivveees. Frank H. aka White Lightning.

Amen to that Brother. :D

tim
09-25-2004, 04:07 AM
Funny, I have been thinking about how I can swing about another $5000-$6000 to put into my car after the shootout. Manual steering box, Racing seats, glass hood ,trunk lid and doors plexiglass windows and a A.R. blower. Strg. heads. Thats all I can think of in the near future.I may sell my boat to get some of the money. Really want a low 12.00 car.

dirtybird91
09-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Funny, I have been thinking about how I can swing about another $5000-$6000 to put into my car after the shootout. Manual steering box, Racing seats, glass hood ,trunk lid and doors plexiglass windows and a A.R. blower. Strg. heads. Thats all I can think of in the near future.I may sell my boat to get some of the money. Really want a low 12.00 car.

Hang in there Tim. There may be a cheaper alternative on the way for your 3.8 ;)