testing autolamps

resmn12

how do you test the autolamps? mine works i think but i dont know if they are working right. i set the knob so they are on but i want to make sure the system is working right before i use it on the road. i dont want to blind anybody if it is not working right.

resmn12 said:
how do you test the autolamps? mine works i think but i dont know if they are working right. i set the knob so they are on but i want to make sure the system is working right before i use it on the road. i dont want to blind anybody if it is not working right.

If you are just worried about blinding people, during the daytime turn on the headlights and put the switch in high-beam. This should turn on the little light on the autolamp console and your headlights should be in lowbeam both physically and on the instrument cluster.

Another thing to test is the timing of the reaction to light. At night, pull up to a garage door or something that will reflect light, like another vehicle you own. Put the lights in highbeam. They should turn on and then turn off after a sec once it senses its own lights as another car coming at you. At this point, they may flick back on depending on how reflective the surface is and how close you are. If you get any sort of cycle of high-low then they are probably working.

aaron

Back