PDA

View Full Version : How Long Is TOO LONG??

nighthawk
09-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Ok so here is the deal.......today is Sept 23/o4!!

In early August/04 I posted a Thread about wanting to buy Rear Shocks!!! So on August 25/04(29 days ago) another SCCOA member sent me message saying he has some for me!!

So the story goes on........He tells me olny way to do it is to send him money Via PayPal..or Wire!! I have no credit card so I wired the $$!!!Fine...No Problem!! I have trust In People!!!

So he tells me 4-6 Days Airmail and the parts will be at my door!!!

Its now been 29 days and I'm starting to get abit Impatient!!

I have contacted this fellow 2 times now....and both times he swears they are on the way...but tells me there is no tracking number on parcel and says he has no way of tracking it!!!

This was my first and olny time purchasing online....Have others waited this long??....has there been any fraud around these sites about guys not sending parts???

Please any input could help :confused:

68COUGAR
09-23-2004, 11:25 AM
today is Sept 23/o4!!

In early August/04 I posted a Thread about wanting to buy Rear Shocks!!! So on August 25/04(29 days ago) another SCCOA member sent me message saying he has some for me!!

So he tells me 4-6 Days Airmail and the parts will be at my door!!!

Its now been 29 days and I'm starting to get abit Impatient!!

I have contacted this fellow 2 times now....and both times he swears they are on the way...but tells me there is no tracking number on parcel and says he has no way of tracking it!!!

Have others waited this long??....has there been any fraud around these sites about guys not sending parts???
Back in the beginning of time, when the other guy was running the SCCoA, the normal waiting time was 6 months, for parts ordered from the SCCoA.

If you ever order OL again, tell the seller that you want a tracking number. It's very cheap if you have the parts mailed by the post office. The number can be tracked OL also. Have the seller E-mail you the tracking number, so that you can watch it's progress towards you.

68COUGAR

nighthawk
09-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Hey Cougar...sorry i must have been abit unclear....The guy i purchased from is Olny an SCCOA member from what i understand!! But as far as a tracking number...he tells me there isnt one....which is leading me to beleive this guy did not insure it!!! He also told me he sent it airmail and that it would be 4-6 days....2 weeks ago i talked to him on the phone....he didnt really give a damm bout it to be honest!!! But he swore they are on the way!! I am really wanting to pay this guy a visit if ya know what i mean :mad:

P.S. I asked him on 4 different occasions for a tracking #...all times he has told me there isnt one!!

NorthrnSCownr
09-23-2004, 01:13 PM
I am sorry to hear about this yukky situation. :mad:
I have been doing e-bay sales now as a hobby for a couple years and have made many online transactions. I actually just bought a service manual from another member, I paypaled the money on good faith, and the book arrived as promised. (thanks James!)
I really only ran into 2 or 3 bad/semi bad deals, and that was mostly due to the product itself being sub par. (on both ends, I sold a guitar that had an issue I was unaware about)
A good rule of thumb as suggested earlier is to request a confirmation or tracking number. One easy way to do this is to use UPS where you automatically have a tracking number that you can view online.
This site also has a Good seller/Bad seller Good buyer/Bad buyer forum. Perhaps checking his history will help you feel better about his honesty.
Best of luck, and please dont let this ruin your OL buying future, as there are millions of successfull transactions performed everyday.
Tom

nighthawk
09-23-2004, 01:21 PM
I am sorry to hear about this yukky situation. :mad:
I have been doing e-bay sales now as a hobby for a couple years and have made many online transactions. I actually just bought a service manual from another member, I paypaled the money on good faith, and the book arrived as promised. (thanks James!)
I really only ran into 2 or 3 bad/semi bad deals, and that was mostly due to the product itself being sub par. (on both ends, I sold a guitar that had an issue I was unaware about)
A good rule of thumb as suggested earlier is to request a confirmation or tracking number. One easy way to do this is to use UPS where you automatically have a tracking number that you can view online.
This site also has a Good seller/Bad seller Good buyer/Bad buyer forum. Perhaps checking his history will help you feel better about his honesty.
Best of luck, and please dont let this ruin your OL buying future, as there are millions of successfull transactions performed everyday.
Tom

Hey Tom....thanks for the lil' bit of reassurence:), I havent given up yet!

joenintiesc
09-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Also, try to use PayPal even if you have to link it to your bank checking account. Paypal at least might be able to get your money back if you file within 30 days. Whenever I offer to buy parts to somebody, I always check to see how many posts they have on this board. If it's a lot, then I usually feel a little better since odds are the person is a hardcore SC'r and will not want to sully his rep here. But I always check the good/bad seller forum too.

Maybe this guy ripped you off, or maybe the package really got lost or delayed... But it does seem odd that an airmail shipment would not have a tracking #...

TBone95
09-23-2004, 01:57 PM
I've been waiting on a PS pulley from Heartland for over 2 months :rolleyes: . And I need it to get my car on the road :mad: .