PDA

View Full Version : blew off my boost gauge.....but on the VAC side?

Ryan A Harris
09-23-2004, 12:25 PM
So an the way into work this morning, I was turning right, but I needed to stomp on it avoid getting hit! anyway, in 1st gear then i shift into 2nd, and look down to see what boost at I'm at, and the gauge is reading about 30(just a touch further past the 30).

A few years ago I blew off the hose before, but it was at 15 PSI.

So how can the gauge be blown off on the vac side?

I have checked on the NIPPLE on the return plenum for the hose beeen ogg, but nope shes on good and tight, so I'm pretty sure shes off at the gauge end! I hate taking the dash apart. :rolleyes:

Ryan A Harris
09-24-2004, 08:03 AM
So no one thinks this is wierd to blow the hose off and the gauge reads vac?

MY90SC
09-24-2004, 10:03 AM
So no one thinks this is wierd to blow the hose off and the gauge reads vac?
I thought everything was wierd on your car Ryan? :D

Paul93SC
09-24-2004, 01:02 PM
You haven't convinced me you 'blew' anything (more likely your gauge is broken or stuck... hmmm?)

Ryan A Harris
09-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Well, at some point this weekend I'm hoping to have the time to take a look at it. Last time I blew it off, the guage was stcuk at the reading I blew it off at, 15PSI.

So now being struck at 30(plus) on the vac side, I'm confused. :confused:

Paul, do you have any free tiem coming up? With the dash coming out(again) I have a little project I'd liek your help with, if you could. I'll send you a PM about the details.

Ron, yeah I know, 95's came with that option.

Shoe
09-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Ryan ,mine blew off a couple of times at 15pounds or so it reads but my gauge needle goes straight up .maybe yours has something shtuck in the line. I ended up putting a zip tie on mine,for no more worries of it flying off when I'm on the pedal.