Bilsteins....

I have been the running the BILSTEINS for about 1 year with no troubles. Then I bend the lower mounting tab on the drivers side. Once I got threw to someone at BILSTEIN(jack french is his name), he told me too bad, buy a used one. THE CAN NOT FIX ANY SHOCKS FOR OUR CAR NOW!

So a shock that was to be covered for as long as I own my car, last about 1 year. NICE.

If you do search with my name and bilstein, you'll see myself, and acouple others who had the same thing happen to them. Hit a pot a hole and the shock bent.

Use at your own risk.

Oh yeah, to answer your question, no they are not.

I saw them still listed at nopi.com I would not buy them over konis any day.

Just my opinion.

Shane

No way can Bilstein disclaim lifetime warranty coverage just because they don't make the shock any more, if manufacturers could do that, the idea of a "lifetime" warranty would be meaningless, because most products don't keep getting made forever. Sounds like you might need to talk to somebody higher up the chain than Jack French.

But anyway, fixing a bent shock mount is something any machine shop could easily do. Just cut it off and fabricate a new one, preferably out of stronger steel, either thicker or a better alloy.

Are you saying to weld a gas shock? Sounds like trouble. I work at a Machine shop, aint no way I'd try this out.

Jack French is kindda high up, head of customer relations I think it was.

ANyway, I have wanted to set aside some time to call him back ask more questions about them.

Back