what should be my next mod?

aplvlydrtybird

if you look on my member page, i got engine work done, and a rear end etc, and i was wondering what should be next for me...i was debating whether to get a rebuilt and ported blower? or a chip, or a fmic??? i wanna have this car run in the 13's havent ran it yet, and i intend to do it early october, but just wanted to hear what people have done with a setup like mine??? just want it to run 13's

u will benefit the most from ported manifold and heads and a supercharger porting. also, i would dump a front mount intercooler and repipe the system so that the lower ic tube runs on through the top away from the exhaust manifolds, im planning on doing mine and will be done by christmas, i recently started working thats why and i am paying off my court stuff. so its slow but getting there, hopefully just hopefully i will see a huge gain from the super huge front mount intercooler i am installing. check out my thread,
" INTERCOOLER OF MY DREAMS OR WHAT" for my intercooler pics.

i dont know why people dont ever think about the replacing the stock intercooler, it gets heat soaked pretty easily, its inefficient, and there is really no point in having it because of the lower IC tube, it runs right next to the exhaust manifold which pics off alot of heat again, so u might *** well re-pipe it. get better performance and cooler underhood temps.

Sc Mods

Looking at your mods list
Id say your next mods to do would deffiantely be a ported supercharger of some sort and a I/C upgrade

With that list of mods Im sure you will be into the 13s

Your car is pretty similar to mine if you want to check my member page.

I would go for a MP inlet plenum. So far my best time at the track has been 8.75 1/8th on street tires. That should be 13's easy enough. Next weekend I will find out at the shootout.

You have a good foundation for 12's. All you really need is the ability to put some more air into it. You need a new style blower but before that is going to help you too much you need a better IC. Which you do first is up to you.

I don't see where you listed a larger than stock MAF, but you must have something on there to be running 42lb injecstors. AF ratio is always suspect when you have an aftermarket MAF so a trip to the dyno to check AF is a great idea at this point. If AF is on target then a chip is optional but will still benefit you. If AF is messed up then a chip is necessary before putting more air into the motor with a better blower.

A trip to the dyno is definately worth the money at this point.

more air!!

you have a great foundation for high 12s. i would definitely have magnumpowers perform a "magnaport II" to your existing blower!! also purchase their inlet plenum as well as their FMIC, you would most likely see a 70+ RWHP gain from mods like that. hopefully you have atleast a 75mm TB and larger MAF. you have enough fuel, so that wouldnt be a problem, DO NOT get a chip, if anything you might want to have yur car tuned somewhere on a dyno and possibly a custom chip burned for you... but thats down the road, our MN12 computers are pretty good. i would really recomend solid rubber bushings in the rear suspension to help with wheel hop and you will need drag radials, you might as well buy a couple cheap little 15" rims and slap some big meats on em for the track. american racing wagon wheels or something, who cares what the rear wheels look like when yur getting 60' times under 1.8 in a SC for God's sake... right? just for the hell of it, if you got the money try DEI and see if you can get a cryo cooler for you FMIC or your existing stock intercooler if you want to save some money in the mean time, that thing will basically FREEZE the while IC with CO2 and will help the cooling efficiency of our stock poopy intercoolers ALOT and should only run around $400 for a kit, but still the FMIC is much better, with dual push/pull fans too. i would recomend replacing your hyper pistons with forged ones, they will be a lot stronger and handle the boost pressure of a 400hp motor better then the hypers. while you are doing that you might want to get the MORANA racing windagetray/main girdle to tighten up yur bottom end and get that baby baleneced perfectly, you'll be able to REV the hell out of yur motor without any worries..higher revs turns that SC faster = more boost pressure!! :D
that would be a pretty good direction to run 12s.... 13s shouldnt be a problem at all. I am going to think about looking into ceramic coatings when i rebuild my motor. everything forged, lightned, balenced and ceramic coated, including the valves, combustion chambers, pistons, crank... everything. there is a different coating for each part of the motor, basically that will destroy heat and force it no where else but right out the exaust... thats when you will need ceramic coated headers, mid- or long tubes, i would go long tubes. wouldnt you like to be able to pop your hood and touch your motor without getting burned... yes... i would. also your oil would look better longer...hopefully you run only synthetic already for every fluid possible. or amsoil. take a look at nascar motors and try to incorporate some of the things they have done with their motors into yours. a motor is a motor, they just come in different sizes, but you can utilize a lot of the same technology in most of em. check out motorheads in LaGrange, Ohio if you want some of this stuff done, they are pretty good at what they do. 2 of my best friends work there. 440.458.4111 Jim Wright is the owner. they would have some fun with the job. if you want any more information e-mail me and i can see what kind of info i can get for you. or just call them. good luck V8 hunting... see you in 11 seconds :eek:

oh yeah, get the raised SC top too... those things are fantastic for getting rid of that horrible bottle neck we have on their now........ i dont know what ford was doing when they designed the SC.... "gee lets see how much crack we can smoke while destroying the efficiency of this (air pump) motor"

XR7 Dave said:
You have a good foundation for 12's. All you really need is the ability to put some more air into it. You need a new style blower but before that is going to help you too much you need a better IC. Which you do first is up to you.

I don't see where you listed a larger than stock MAF, but you must have something on there to be running 42lb injecstors. AF ratio is always suspect when you have an aftermarket MAF so a trip to the dyno to check AF is a great idea at this point. If AF is on target then a chip is optional but will still benefit you. If AF is messed up then a chip is necessary before putting more air into the motor with a better blower.

A trip to the dyno is definately worth the money at this point.

yea i have the 76mm maf from c&l, i guess i missed that on my page, oh well, but yea so the next mod you think would either be a FMIC or the better blower, instead of getting a chip?...i was thinking about buying a large intercooler, and making a custom top, and put some piping together, cause i dont have ac condenser or all that jazz in there anymore, just gotta get rid of the compressor. i figure the front mount setup would be the cheapest before the blower, cause i could do the front mount for about $500 by doing it all myself.

and one more question for you Dave: would you recommend a 94/95 ported blower, or would a MP port job, and rebuild work jsut as well for my 91 with the 10% pulley?

wongy: i bought an accel guage kit, i thin from liek summit racing, it was around $50 and it just goes right on to the fuel rail, as you can see on the pic its small but you can see it. i did it for idle purposes, but i wan to get the electric guage so i can read it inside the car.

Buy the time you spend all that money on a m 90 blower you can have an ar from Dave. $1300 or so for a front mount. Manga-port2 $500 or so magnum powers intake $500 or so 85mm throttle body$500or so. And then you have a fancy crappy blower.

thats true, i think MP is over-priced, highway robbery perhaps, i think they take advantage that they are the only ones manufacturing something like that for the SC. yeah, i think dropping in an AR would be a dope *** thing to do, gives a new lease on life to the SC, making it more MODERN, and able to keep up with SVT COBRAs and SS'. But people will take their own routes, i am currently saving so i can drop in a SVT COBRA engine on my SC. you may call me crazy but im halfway there. imagine the SC with a SVT COBRA engine, man am i gonna turn heads :D

but its kool, if u have the money go for MP, but if ur low on the dough but have plenty of time, then shopping around for stuff and having stuff custom made then that is awesome too.

you know what i think someone should do, is fabricate aftermarket IC tubes for us, like re route the lower IC tube and sell a couple of them. would see some good gains out of that.

tim said:
Buy the time you spend all that money on a m 90 blower you can have an ar from Dave. $1300 or so for a front mount. Manga-port2 $500 or so magnum powers intake $500 or so 85mm throttle body$500or so. And then you have a fancy crappy blower.

and how much are these auto rotors, i was looking for info but dint find too much, i am pretty interested, just no info so if anyones got anyhting let me know, e-mail is keithmcteeth@hotmail.com bout how much are the autorotor setups???

Contact XR7Dave for info on the 1.7 AR kit that is coming out soon. I think your next mods should be a bigger IC and a better blower.

If staying with an M90, IMO you will need an MPII, Raised top, MP Inlet and a 75MM TB totaling around $1,500 which should add about 60 HP.

If you go with the AR kit, you can keep your 70mm TB and stock top and I would expect the kit to sell for something close to $3,000 (just guessing) and should add about 100 HP with room to grow if you decide to add better heads and cam later.

Either blower you use will benifit from a bigger IC, but the M90 blower will need it much more than the AR. I have the MP FMIC and like it, but you can build something nearly as good for about half the cost (like Micah did) if your okay with doing your own work and can do some light custom fabrication.

David

Last edited:
Back