PDA

View Full Version : Needing a A/C Compressor & other ideas

Grantster
09-25-2004, 02:36 AM
Hi all, thought i'd say something instead of just reading. Proud owner of a White 92 T-Bird SC but need some help. First, RPM gauge sticking but does work if i hit 3000 rpms fast :rolleyes: , but once below it tends to stay.
Next as title says, looking for a compressor. Maybe we'll see you all at the Sunday Runs... 2 weeks to go :(

Grant

WinnipegSC
09-26-2004, 02:50 AM
compressor as in the unit or the condensor as in infront of the rad?

Grantster
09-26-2004, 04:56 PM
compressor as in the unit or the condensor as in infront of the rad?

As in the compressor. When i bought the car, they did some work on it before I had bought it. They drained the lines because they found a leak. Was going to put in a sealent but forgot to. Couple of days after I bought the car there was a strong burning smell, checked under the hood and found the clutch red hot, light a cig off it hot. turns out that the bearings are shot, got them replaced but also found out that the compressor is seized. Would like to restore this car so wanting to start to look for the parts now, since winter is just arround the corner I'm in no rush to replace.

Grant

huckleberry
09-28-2004, 08:56 PM
Hi all, thought i'd say something instead of just reading. Proud owner of a White 92 T-Bird SC but need some help. First, RPM gauge sticking but does work if i hit 3000 rpms fast :rolleyes: , but once below it tends to stay.
Next as title says, looking for a compressor. Maybe we'll see you all at the Sunday Runs... 2 weeks to go :(

Grant
try to wiggle the tan wire to the DIS box it maybe a bad connection at the spot.

if that doesn't work then you may need to tear the dash apart and clean out the tach with some compressed air ."gently!!!". probable dirty!!

and about the compressor ,i am wondering if you can use one from a thunderbird LX?

Grantster
09-28-2004, 11:45 PM
try to wiggle the tan wire to the DIS box it maybe a bad connection at the spot.

if that doesn't work then you may need to tear the dash apart and clean out the tach with some compressed air ."gently!!!". probable dirty!!

and about the compressor ,i am wondering if you can use one from a thunderbird LX?

Thanks.. i'll try that.. as for the A/C compressor, the place I bought it from took it back and is going to replace it with a used one, one that works. Not to many small auto sellers will cover that for you. I completly seized it 2 days ago again. called him up and told him a have a big, very good lookin paper weight in the back yard. :D He sent a tow truck today, will replace it next. I think I was lucky to find this guy.

as for the RPM gauge, when it only costs time, i can try anything.

Grant

johnny o
12-02-2004, 06:24 PM
You can use a compresser from a 3.8L NA tbird you just need to change the belt pulley and I think turn the compressor upside down or something.

Grantster
12-05-2004, 12:34 AM
You can use a compresser from a 3.8L NA tbird you just need to change the belt pulley and I think turn the compressor upside down or something.

Thanks, but getting one shipped up from the states. $45 shipped, and in good working order. can't complain :)

Grant