must be close to the shoot out, cars are breaking..

pro street rich

:confused: This must be the time of the year for trouble... Now my son's just called to get picked up. There seems to be a gallon or so of water/antifreeze in his oil... Another S.C. bits the dust.. That makes THREE of them in the last month. Each one was something different, and all of them were major.....WHY........... Oh well, time to go out and do some more repairs around here..... Still got a couple that run so all is not lost yet.............Rich

pro street rich said:
:confused: This must be the time of the year for trouble... Now my son's just called to get picked up. There seems to be a gallon or so of water/antifreeze in his oil... Another S.C. bits the dust.. That makes THREE of them in the last month. Each one was something different, and all of them were major.....WHY........... Oh well, time to go out and do some more repairs around here..... Still got a couple that run so all is not lost yet.............Rich
That sucks Rich. See you on Thursday night. BTW, are you bringing the portable fire pit again?

should be.......Kurt

If I come by car I won't have it, but if by truck then yes to the pit... I have a hot tube room so you know where I will be most of the time.......LOL. See you in a few days, now I have to go back out there to pull Scott's engine out and either do a rebuild or give it a new one again......Hope to get it up and running by the time I have to go............Rich

nor is it to have extra parts.........

Now we found a needle bearing about 3/4 " long sitting under the intake... Anyone have an idea where that came from?? Looked at the rockers and it is too big to come from there...Ideas would be good...........Rich

pro street rich said:
Now we found a needle bearing about 3/4 " long sitting under the intake... Anyone have an idea where that came from?? Looked at the rockers and it is too big to come from there...Ideas would be good...........Rich

Supercharger... That is the exact size of the rollers in the rear bearings.

XR7 Dave,

If it came from there,it would have gone thru the engine. This was just laying under the intake. That's what has me worried.... Will look at the blower, but any other ideas???........Rich

pro street rich said:
If it came from there,it would have gone thru the engine. This was just laying under the intake. That's what has me worried.... Will look at the blower, but any other ideas???........Rich
Hmm, I immediately thought supercharger too. Let us know when you find out.

Rich, I hope you and Scott get the car running. If I wasnt working seven days a week I would come up and give you a hand. Tim

pro street rich said:

I thought about coming for the first time but then my SC decided it wanted to play "lets screw joe over on the way home from work" game... I cracked a piston... and my XR7 wont be running long enough tomake the trip...

jOe

getblown said:
... and my XR7 wont be running long enough tomake the trip...

jOe
What do you mean it won't be running long enough? Do you mean, not enough miles? FWIW, I wetn to last year's shootout with only 300 miles on a fresh rebuild :eek: I not only ran my fastest at the time (12.81s), but have driven over 5000 miles since without any issues. Anyway, with almost a week before the shootout, you should be able to get plenty of miles on that thing.

Anyway, if I guess wrong about a recent rebuild I'm sorry.

And Rich, if you are reading this, get back out in the garage and get to work.

No more garage for me today........

Found the source of those needle bearings. This would also explain why it got slower the last week.
The cam started to move back and forth, taking out a couple of rollers on the lifters...
Got the old one out and pulled the pan and it was full of extra parts. So with the parts in hand we went looking for the gemlins. Not good, now it will be a while for this one before it goes again......
Oh well, at least the block is still good for another rebuild...........Rich

thanks Mike

:)
MIKE 38sc said:
Rich if you need a cam I have a good stock one from a 90 manual tranny SC.
Contact me if your interested.
Thanks for the offer, but I would want to put something a lot bigger in it than stock.... I still have some stock cams for regrinds, but will keep it in mind. Thanks again..........Rich :) :) :) :eek: :eek:

pro street rich said:
:)
Thanks for the offer, but I would want to put something a lot bigger in it than stock.... I still have some stock cams for regrinds, but will keep it in mind. Thanks again..........Rich :) :) :) :eek: :eek:

I figured as much Rich. Stock is'nt very appealing anymore is it? LOL!!! ;)
Just to let you know that you have a liferaft if you need it.
Good luck. :)

Thanks Mike

:) :) :) :) :) :) It's good to know that some people are out there to help in any way they can. That's what makes this hobby soooooooo much fun.
Now all we have to do is CHEER up my son, Scott, before he throws in the towel on this. He is a lot bumbbed out right now. He was really looking forward to the shoot out so he could post some really good ##'s. We had that car running really strong, but like I told him, at least it is not in a million parts.. That and it happened here at home, not 500 miles from here....Rich :) :) :) :) :)
MIKE 38sc said:
I figured as much Rich. Stock is'nt very appealing anymore is it? LOL!!! ;)
Just to let you know that you have a liferaft if you need it.
Good luck. :)

Rich,

I thought I was the only one who tears up the valve train. There is something about revving the motor to 6500 rpms with a cam that's got over .600 lift that just breaks alot of stuff.

I got tired of breaking stuff and went with a much lower lift....it's not as quick but I've haven't broken anything lately.

I'm sure you and Scott can get it back together in time. See you Thursday.

David

Going to give it a try

Well,

With me working overtime at work and all the other things I have to do it is going to take a lot of midnight oil to get this thing in shape for the shoot out. We are going to try and do it though. It will be with a stock valve train though so it will not be as fast as I would like but at least I will be able to have my car there. Wish us luck on getting this done. We start tonight.

Scott

David Neibert said:
Rich,

I thought I was the only one who tears up the valve train. There is something about revving the motor to 6500 rpms with a cam that's got over .600 lift that just breaks alot of stuff.

I got tired of breaking stuff and went with a much lower lift....it's not as quick but I've haven't broken anything lately.

I'm sure you and Scott can get it back together in time. See you Thursday.

David

SCOTT sorry to hear about your car.Hope you will be able to make the shootout.

I dont think I will be able to make the shootout either.I was suppose to get a new MP FMIC shipped out today to me.So it would arrive tusday to install.
So I removed the collar on my raised blower hat.And messed it up so much that I cannot reuse it.And now the guy I was buying the FMIC from did not ship.So this has put me out of the shootout.

I am so pissed off I cant write what I am feeling.It would burn Georges ears
right of the sides of his head.

I have bought $2058.00 worth of parts on the SCCoA,from SCCOA people in the past three weeks.I don't have any parts I pay for,And my $2058.00 is tied up or gone.
I would not buy any parts from this board if I had it to do over again.Just a word of caution,don't trust many people selling parts on this board.100% of
the parts I have tried to buy has turn for the bad.

Pissed off RANDY

Back