12's are mine!!!! Finally!!

fastsc92

Went back to the track since I had a chance to come home from college. Track was prepped very well. Basically raced from 9am-4am. Best of the day was a 12.7 @ 108!!!! with a 1.7 60'. Pretty happy with those numbers but made 4 more passes all at 12.8 @108. The goal for the car is complete. I basically went from 14's to 12's in a month. Air fuel ratio was dead on 11.9, but got a little rich at the top end of each gear (11.4). I'll have to adjust my MAF fuctions and maybe pick up a tenth at the top end of the track. We shall see...

Like I said, the goal is complete........for now ;) ....hehehe. Over the winter comes a front mount set-up, and some more MP goodies.

Awesome man!!! Just Awesome! :)
Hopefully I can join in on the fun soon! I am still P.O.'ed that my car won't be ready for the shootout. :eek:

Congratulations man! Another 5-SPEED in the 12's. Keep slamming the gears. We need another 5-speed in the 11's now that Kuhnga's car is gone. :( I personally missed 3rd so bad a couple of months ago that I think if it were possible, my tranny would have jumped out of my car and kicked my a$$. Needless to say, no 3rd gear syncro. Damn Dave, I wish I would have kept that tranny I bought from you. :(

Excellent !!

Are you still on the 65 shot or is it 75 now? Also, what tires are you running?

I was aiming low 13's this year but with terrible traction and 2.4 60' time I ran a 13.7 @ 104.

Now if I can get that 1.7 short time like you did.... :)

Congrats again.

tbirdsc357 said:
Now if I can get that 1.7 short time like you did.... :)

Steve, if you come down to Norwalk with us next week, you probably could. ;) Or close to it anyway.

cheers,
Ed N.

thanks guys...I am really happy. Hopefully a front mount and some more stuff will set me in the low 12's.

I used the 75 shot this time to get in there, but with the 65 i was a 13.019. SO i was basically knocking on the door for a while.

For tires i;m using hoosier quick time pro's. Money well spent! Almost got a 1.6, pulled a 1.71. I think everyone should get a pair. And do a heathy burn-out. And line lock does help ;) :D .

Yes the heads that i was selling were the same type that are on my car now. But I sold them last week..... Cam is a custom grind, same as a CM stage 1. I'll stay with this combo for a while until i go with a steig set-up.

You can count me in for hitting 11's in the future. I'm willing to play that game. I need 8 tenths.....new exhaust, inlet, front mount, underdrives...that might get me darn close........ or just an M112 with a frount mount.....

fast Ed N said:
Steve, if you come down to Norwalk with us next week, you probably could. ;) Or close to it anyway.

cheers,
Ed N.

Ed,

I wish I could but I had to take an unexpected week off from work earlier this month.......and I really can't afford to lose any more time, plus it would cost me a few $$$ that I really can't spare right now. :(

Back