Mp Fmic Owners I Have A ???

Thanks XR7DAVE .Shouldnt you be changeing your name to SWBSCXR7DAVE.

I am going to buy a MP FMIC today if I can get it shipped to me red lable UPS monday morning.And be able to receive by 09-28-04.I just wanted to make sure I would have the time for the installlation.

Then I be able to smoke that SWB at the shootout. :)

Thanks again RANDY

May take a bit longer if you have that bolt in the bottom ic tube. A real sob to get out of there. Other than that it's a pretty straight forward easy install. 4 hrs sounds about right, after the ic is out of the way the only real battle is with the silicone tubes that go on the fmic a nice tight fit.

Don't forget to cut the upper IC bolt bracket off in the middle of the bolt hole so the new ic tubes will fit in. (in case you don't get the instructions with it)

Eric

Randy N Connie said:
Thanks XR7DAVE .Shouldnt you be changeing your name to SWBSCXR7DAVE.

I am going to buy a MP FMIC today if I can get it shipped to me red lable UPS monday morning.And be able to receive by 09-28-04.I just wanted to make sure I would have the time for the installlation.

Then I be able to smoke that SWB at the shootout. :)

Thanks again RANDY

haha, Randy sounds worried. :p That's ok, the SWB will be sporting A/C and real street tires. No cheater slicks for this car. :eek:

shotbirdsc
I have cut that bolt off over a year ago.plus about a truck load of other useless crap thats bolted on an SC.Thanks for pointing that out though.

Thanks Randy

Hey Randy, this is a shot in the dark but do you have any extra ported lower manifolds for sale at the shootout?

JULIAN I have no plans to make any more manifold-plenum mods.
Except the people that had express interrest early in the project.
I believe you were one of those peple on my list.SO when your ready
you can get ahold of me.I am not in the SC vendor parts buisness.
I just made the manifold-plenums to give some boost to others performance.
If I remember right you were tied up with school when you first e-mailed me.
And wanted one.

XR7DAVE has a STAGE I OR STAGE II manifold-plenum (your choice of which plenum you want,) that he is raffleing off to help support the shootout.
$10.00 for a raffle ticket.Send dave $10.00 though paypal or buy a ticket
at the shootout.He is selling 75 tickets,I think he has some left.
You can find Daves address on the GROUP BUY section.

Thanks RANDY

Last edited:
:eek: Randy, glad to hear you got a big intercooler. Now its going to be even more fun to wup you and that sawed off other car. :eek:

Randy,

Remove the power steering filler/dipstick before trying to install the lower IC tube or you will most likely break it (I did). Since the lower tube fits very close to the filler/dipstick your better off using a mustang one that attaches flush.

Instead of using lag screws to secure the top of the IC, install some studs into the sheetmetal mounting area. The screws that came with the kit were not strong enough to hold mine in place when the motor torqued the upper IC tube kept pulling the driver's side bolt out. The bolt didn't fail it just yanked out of the sheet metal. Welding on a couple studs and using rubber isolaters to allow the IC to move a little, would be the best way to go.

David

PS: Get a can of silicone spray or you will be fighting those hose connectors for hours.

Last edited:
David N. thanks that sounds good.I will look the installation over and give that a try.I have the bolts rubber,welder to do this,& it may be faster.I can weld a peice faster than drilling hole and such.

I do not have the FMIC in hand yet.Its payed for,but I will not receive shippment untill 11:00 am tuesday.This should give me just enough time for installation.And I hope get any bugs out that I am sure will crop up.

I havent told Connie yet that I bought the MP FMIC yet.She is not going to be happy.We are still building a new house,It will just take an extra couple weeks on the house.I was going to drive this year at the shootout.But now I will have to bribe her and let her drive.These ladys are funny about spending
about spending money on the car instead of there house.If I have black eyes at the race.Its all Zach Kereszturi & MPs fault.

I plan to add a water ic cooler to the air to air FMIC, later on when I get the time.

RANDY

Last edited:
Power Steering Filler Cap

Hey Dave, did you ever get a power steering cap? I've got one for you, just havn't had a chance to get over to your place and give it to ya.

Slackers... I did mine in under 3 hours. :D Although it was about 30-35 degrees out, so I was trying to get done before my fingers quit working. :)

Hey Randy... would you still be willing to do a lower intake/plenum for me? I'd emailed you back earlier in the year but the circletrack car took up too much $$ this summer. I tried ya a couple weeks ago but hadn't heard back. I'm still interested and could bring a lower and plenum to the shootout with me if you'll still do it.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve, bring a manifold plenum to the shootout.And you can look over what I do.There should be some examples there.If you like the parts.We can talk about getting a manifold-plenum mod .

Thanks

Back