coupler debate - eBay jerk

tbird88

So everybody has an opinion right? Fella asked a question through my ad for a supercharger coupler and I responded.
Dear tbird88,
Why doesn't your coupler have the oil stand offs like the stock coupler
does? will that cause problems?
Thank you,

my answer:
"No idea why others have them, factory couplers didn't. Some claim that standoffs allow the oil to get in the drive pin holes so the pins get lubricated, that's just another load of hype. They get lubricated no matter what design you use. As far as my personal opinion of standoffs, they're an excellent spot for stress. Thanks for checkin' out my auction, good luck if you bid!"

Another one asked, well, not really a question but more like ravin' and yakkin'.
1. your coupler is garbage, no oil stand offs, cheap moly material that is 1/10 the material cost of ours LOL get real pal! if you want to see a real coupler...

His wife musta came home late again last night (again).

Anyways, my train of thought is the standoffs that some aftermarket couplers have are an excellent starting point for stress cracks. Anybody have thoughts on this?

thanks,

'bird

I've ran into a few like that as well. Dont you find it humorious that some people who do not and cannot make and sell parts can always tell you how it should be done? LOL!!!! I mean if they already have it all figured out then why in the hell are they contacting you in the first place? LOL!!!!

MIKE 38sc said:
I've ran into a few like that as well. Dont you find it humorious that some people who do not and cannot make and sell parts can always tell you how it should be done? LOL!!!! I mean if they already have it all figured out then why in the hell are they contacting you in the first place? LOL!!!!
Actually, the person that did the ranting has been tryin' to sell on eBay, he ain't been doin' well so I guess he had to take it out on somebody.

How about the standoffs, your thoughts on the pros & cons?

'bird

im using the coupler from zz performance for the gtp's

its green and has the standoff's

i would use something else but if my coupler from zz breaks i only live 30 min. away from them

tbird88 said:
So everybody has an opinion right? Fella asked a question through my ad for a supercharger coupler and I responded.
Dear tbird88,
Why doesn't your coupler have the oil stand offs like the stock coupler
does? will that cause problems?
Thank you,

my answer:
"No idea why others have them, factory couplers didn't. Some claim that standoffs allow the oil to get in the drive pin holes so the pins get lubricated, that's just another load of hype. They get lubricated no matter what design you use. As far as my personal opinion of standoffs, they're an excellent spot for stress. Thanks for checkin' out my auction, good luck if you bid!"

Another one asked, well, not really a question but more like ravin' and yakkin'.
1. your coupler is garbage, no oil stand offs, cheap moly material that is 1/10 the material cost of ours LOL get real pal! if you want to see a real coupler...

His wife musta came home late again last night (again).

Anyways, my train of thought is the standoffs that some aftermarket couplers have are an excellent starting point for stress cracks. Anybody have thoughts on this?

thanks,

'bird

Wynn,

To help out here. Another question you could ask, or I guess I will be doing it for you:

Who is using Wynn's coupler?
What size of pulley are you running?
How many miles have you driven with this coupler?

I just bought a couple of Wynn's couplers and see nothing but a beautiful product. And why do people think the pins need lubrication?!?!? they aren't really causing any friction or at least not enough to cause the coupler to fail or even the pins. In fact, Wynn's coupler fit so precicely that it's got no play and in turn no friction, Heck, the only coupler I see that has a problem is the damn stock spring loaded one that chews up the rotor shaft and wears into the pin it'self. :rolleyes: what a good idea Eaton :D
As far as that guy's comments, well, I've never seen his couplers on ebay, and even if they were I don't think he could do any good business if something this small set him off on this sort of rant. Some people just need to relax.

And as far as your quest for opinions on the standoffs, I say leave your design alone, it makes no sense to me for them to be on your design, maybe if the tolerances were greater and the coupler didin't fit as well there would be need for lubrication. But you've got my seal of approval to leave it without the standoffs.
Keep up the good work Wynn!

Back