my slips.. lebanon 9-25-04

SuperCoupeSC91

:( (went to track, and i say i didnt have a fair run ! )

as i mentioned in the tech forum, and found out my time didnt start until i actually moved, i though even though the light turned green it was counting.. i wasnt ready to take off like rev'n and ride the clutch out and go. i had 30 PSI in my 285/30/18's, anyone have a suggestion of what i could do with these tires ? go alot less psi ? wouldnt matter ? i gotta fix my prob with my fuel pressure eletrical sending unit because it was leaking fuel by the nuts on the stud for the electrical connection so i tightened the rear nuts on the stud (i dont think i was suposed to but i seen fuel dripping off so i had to do something) and then my gauge didnt work later on when i was leave'n. so i plan on getting a new one, and mayeb an IC fan, and i hope i can go again and my car doesnt stall on me, or want to at least at the lineup (basically i hope it will idle so i can move up and use my brake pedal instead of my dam e-brake that barely works ! ) :mad: i was fluctuating between 10-12 around vac on my boost gauge.(still is right now). so i guess i gotta pressureize my system and see where i'm leak'n from (only thing i could think of is at the IC tubes but i used the texas88 gaskets, unless i didnt tighen them tight enough..). but besides that i cant wait.. i need to get better times than these..anyone can give me tips on what to rev to before i launch in 1st ? i know i could of shifted better to. and could of shifted at 5k in all 4 gears.. i went threw 1-2-3-4th gear both races. and it was my first time and first run at the track i was very nervous (i'll admit i never thought i would of been untill i was inline and waiting to be the next to cars up :) heart beating fast, feel cars all around me inside my vehicle :) ). second time i wasnt that nervous..

(for those that didnt read it already)

(1st run)

as i was lining up, didnt spin my wheels, got to the prestage light (now my car wanting to stall, not wanting to idle, i'm giving it a lil gas and pressing in the clutch and using my e-brake when i edge up for my brakes, or else my car would die) i edge up a lil more to get the stage light on also, i go to far and the prestange light goes out, so i put it into reverse to back up and then using my ebrake to slow me down, as i do this the lights start going, the green light comes on, i didnt move yet, then i just let the clutch out and floor it, i freakin remember shifting early at 4k to, i was mad about that, i wanted to shift around 5k threw all gears, didnt get to rev up and ride it out a lil.. and i got a "15.715" :(

(2nd run)

my friend that i went with suggested me to spin my tires before i line up, so i did this time, and as i was lineing up again doing the same thing with the gas, clutch in and giving gas and using the dam e-brake to slow down, i go to the prestage light, then i go to the stage light, and i seen i gave it to much gas so i hit the brake so i wouldnt go over again and bang i staul :mad: i was mad as hell, then at the same time the lights starts goin down, and then it turns green the guy goes next to me (i couldnt yet) then i let out the clutch again and floor it, i remember shifting at 5k in first but not the rest because i was not focused again and pissed that my car just stauled and thinking my time was running before i left the line twice.. and i got a 16.017

and of coarse the only 2 runs i did all day.. my friend in his 5spd 2002 civic Si 4 cycl his best time out of 3 runs was 15.7 :( same as me ... i was mad.. i was tellin him it wasnt fair for me neither race, i wasnt ready to go.. and i said dam i gota V6 supercharged (a lil modified) and u just have a VTEC (intake and cat back) and your running the same as me no way !! but the slips show the same, unfortunetly. i gotta go back and hopefully my car wont do the same thing again, and i can have a fair race....my bad expereince at the track with my car but besides that the track was awesome, while i was waiting for my friend in the begining (to vid his runs), while he was doing his 3 runs i seen a lot of racing, it was sweet upclose. never thought spectating would of been that fun at all (drag cars, street cars, funny cars, street bikes,). but i proved myself wrong.. Alex L

**Thats odd, the slips have the wrong date on them :) haha..Lebanon Valley dragway screwed that up :) **

Last edited:
Back