XR-7 run-on nissan 350z

JWXR7

Yesterday I was going down the highway and a saw a 350z flying up thru traffic behind me w/ a young guy driving. I thought it would be interesting to try comparing my cougar to a Z, so after he went by me i pulled up behind him cause he was slowed down by a car in front of him in the fast lane. As soon as that slow car moved I leaned in on it in 5th gear at about 72-75mph as he started speeding up, I ended up to the floor and flying right with him and judging by the tach, I was doing about 140 and pulling hard when my wife made me quit. He couldn't pull away from me and I didn't even down shift :D . I would bet I could have chased him right up to his limiter @155mph? It's probably good my wife yelled at me to slow down because I have old tires that could have detonated at those speeds :eek: .

jamie

Last edited:
i can't believe your wife let you do that, any of my exs would have smack me after i would have downshifted...those Z cars werent very impressive, well, at least the 350z

jOe

She was kind'a yelling at me the whole time but she got really loud and serious sounding before I finally let up. She probably didn't think it would be a good idea to hit me while I'm piloting 2 tons of metal at 140.

5th. Gear?

JWXR7 said:
As soon as that slow car moved I leaned in on it in 5th gear at about 72-75mph
With 2.73's you should have been 3rd. gear at that speed!!!!!!

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:
With 2.73's you should have been 3rd. gear at that speed!!!!!!

68COUGAR

One of my points was that I didn't need to down shift, my car pulls strong in fifth at that speed and the Z couldn't get away from me in 5th. BTW I put 3.08 gearing in my car. If I would have down shifted I would have ran into him :D .

Quit poop'in on my party :( . I wasn't tail-gating him. I don't normally speed, sometimes you just gotta see what your car can do. I don't have a dragstrip any closer than 70 miles to me, so I don't get it out of my system often.

I'd Really like to help you

You seem to need basic help. I'll help you if I can. What I don't know I'll referr to people who know more.

68COUGAR

Back