Throttle return spring

Jake

The local track I race at sent me a letter telling everyone that they are stepping up their inspections, I should be ok but the throttle return spring has me confused. Does anyone have this already on their car? If so can I get a pic or two thanks.

Jake said:
The local track I race at sent me a letter telling everyone that they are stepping up their inspections, I should be ok but the throttle return spring has me confused. Does anyone have this already on their car? If so can I get a pic or two thanks.

Jake, the only thing I can think of is that they want you to have a back up spring other than the spring on the throttle cable. I guess that would be in case you have a problem with the spring, there'd be a back up in case the throttle tried to hang wide open. Just a guess though.

David

If your car was a 5spd you could rig something up to the tb where the TV cable goes, but since you drive a 35th your car it probably an auto. You may be able to rig something up so that the spring attaches to the tb and goes back towards the firewall. You may want to look around the firewall area for a place to mount the spring.

Good luck.

Shane

ps. Do you really have an AR blower in your car? Have any pics?

Thanks for the replys, I don't see how I can make this work but I'll think of something or find another track to race at.

Not yet, it should be here end of oct.

Last edited:
Darkside said:
Maybe they meant carb'd cars only?

Ok man, we missed that idea. Good thinking Chris. Check with the track and see if you can get any more info on the spring deal.

David

I believe you have 2 already!!!!!

Jake said:

I looked at my 94 SC and my 70mm BBK TB has a return spring and the throttle cable has a return spring. That's 2. How many do the require?

Ed Springer

90 Black XR7 5-speed: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, '94 Supercharger, 5% SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, Under-drive Pulleys, 190 l/h Fuel Pump, 36# Injectors, Headers, Magnaflow Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:27 Gears, Ripper Shifter, 73mm CL MAF (Blue Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Lubricants and Rear Spring Air Bags.

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, Under-drive Pulleys, 190 l/h Fuel Pump, 38# Injectors, Headers, Raven Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:73 Gears, 76mm CL MAF (Gold Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Lubricants, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Pro-Torque 2500 Stall TC, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, Tokico Struts & Shocks, American Racing 17” Sniper Wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Tires and 235 RWHP with 315 LB-FT Torque.

Back