OK, Exaust is wide open..what next?

MN12owner

Ok, first thing I did to my XR7 was do a header-back exaust setup...2.5" into 3" back to 2.5" split into Flo's...What next? I have $1300.00 in hand, and obviously want the most bang per buck. Keep in mind, the car has 180K and is bone stock (Minus the exaust). I am definatly going to do an over drive pullie, but which one? and then what? MAF, injectors, TB???? Any input would be great!!!!!

Shane

I SELL 3/4 RAISED TOP & DOUBLE I/C,S

MN12owner said:
Ok, first thing I did to my XR7 was do a header-back exaust setup...2.5" into 3" back to 2.5" split into Flo's...What next? I have $1300.00 in hand, and obviously want the most bang per buck. Keep in mind, the car has 180K and is bone stock (Minus the exaust). I am definatly going to do an over drive pullie, but which one? and then what? MAF, injectors, TB???? Any input would be great!!!!!

Shane
:eek: :eek: IN HAVE THE SAME EXHAUST SETUP ,ONLY I HAVE HI FLOW CATS, STRAIGHT OUT FROM THERE :D :D .....3/4 TOP WILL GIVE U 7 HP :cool: :cool: ..... ADD DOUBLE I/C WITH 8 ELC FAN 5 HP.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 6-8 IN CONE AIR FILTER WITH 73 MAF, 3 IN INTAKE TUBE 4 HP..... :p :p 10% OVERDRIVE 5 HP MORE = 21 HP + OR - :) :) DEPENDING ON ENGINE TEMPS ,AS WELL AS OUTSIDE AIR TEMPS ;) ;)

ThunderRoad said:
:eek: :eek: IN HAVE THE SAME EXHAUST SETUP ,ONLY I HAVE HI FLOW CATS, STRAIGHT OUT FROM THERE :D :D .....3/4 TOP WILL GIVE U 7 HP :cool: :cool: ..... ADD DOUBLE I/C WITH 8 ELC FAN 5 HP.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 6-8 IN CONE AIR FILTER WITH 73 MAF, 3 IN INTAKE TUBE 4 HP..... :p :p 10% OVERDRIVE 5 HP MORE = 21 HP + OR - :) :) DEPENDING ON ENGINE TEMPS ,AS WELL AS OUTSIDE AIR TEMPS ;) ;)

double I/C...already have an 800cfm fan enroute...and you are telling me you sell these? whats yer price? and what about a bigger T/B?

If the engine has never been worked on at 180K and you go to a overdrive pulley I would plan on doing the head gaskets real soon. Some say headgaskets need to be changed at 100K.

Next mods

You can go with the following as you next mods

1.Double I/C with fan
2.5% Blower pulley
3. Ported 94/95 supercharger
4. A magnum powers Blower
5 Some sort of cold air kit

Also sent you a PM On some of these parts

Last edited:
70 Or 75

MN12owner said:
double I/C...already have an 800cfm fan enroute...and you are telling me you sell these? whats yer price? and what about a bigger T/B?
265.00 SHIPPED YOU MAY HAVE TO CHANGE FUEL PUMP & INJECTORS WITH BIGGER TB :confused: :confused: :confused:

Back