Thank's Everyone!

Thomas Carroll

Well this will probably be my last post for awhile.I got my orders to the big sandbox(Iraq)... Expect to be gone for 18 months :( ,so I just wanted to say thanks for helping me keep my car running.Now on to a lighter note,how should I treat the gas for storage. All you winter guys should know this one :eek: :) :D

Thomas Carroll said:
Well this will probably be my last post for awhile.I got my orders to the big sandbox(Iraq)... Expect to be gone for 18 months :( ,so I just wanted to say thanks for helping me keep my car running.Now on to a lighter note,how should I treat the gas for storage. All you winter guys should know this one :eek: :) :D
I don't remember the name of the fuel additive, but I bought it at AutoZone. If you can, you should try to have someone start the car (better yet, drive) ocassionally.

Anyway, good luck in Iraq.

Fuel Stablizer

Thomas Carroll said:
STP MAKES IT AS WELL AS OTHERS...BE SAFE

I've used something called SeaFoam that's available locally here in MN. Not sure how widely it's available.

Otherwise there are generic fuel stabilizers available at auto parts stores.

If your state is requiring ethanol blended fuel, you should try and top off with a non blended fuel. The ethanol will seperate from the gasoline over time and evaporate faster than gasoline will, leaving deposits. Ethanol isn't stabilized by gas additives like gasoline is.

Mike8675309 said:
I've used something called SeaFoam that's available locally here in MN. Not sure how widely it's available.

Otherwise there are generic fuel stabilizers available at auto parts stores.

If your state is requiring ethanol blended fuel, you should try and top off with a non blended fuel. The ethanol will seperate from the gasoline over time and evaporate faster than gasoline will, leaving deposits. Ethanol isn't stabilized by gas additives like gasoline is.

You may want to remove the tires/rims and store them inside off the ground to prevent flat spots or sidewall damage over that long of a time.

Thomas Carroll said:

Good luck and I salute you man! I tried going but the Air Force told me NO :( . Thanks for your service.

I do not know of any additive's sorry...

Stephen, AKA Amn Furman :D

JStudrawa said:
You may want to remove the tires/rims and store them inside off the ground to prevent flat spots or sidewall damage over that long of a time.

I you do that then put the jackstands under the suspension arms to keep the weight on the springs. Supposedly extended storage with the car up in the air leaving the suspension "hanging" over extended periods can cause problems.

Good luck and may the Lord be with you over in Iraq! Do us proud!!! :)

Back