Custom IC tubing w/silicone connectors

Slysc

I just finished up my FMIC project and started it up. I noticed that at an idle, with full vacuum, the silicone hose that I've used to connect my tubing together is sucked in. It's not fully collapsed but it is definately deformed.

I'm thinking that this probably isn't a big issue but does anyone know if this is gonna cause me problems? I could probably fix it by putting sections of 3" aluminum tubing inside it but if I don't have to, I'd rather just leave it together till at least after the shootout.

Not good see if you can get something inside it un colapse it. By chance is it slightly twisted that will sometimes cause hose to collapse.

Slysc said:
I just finished up my FMIC project and started it up. I noticed that at an idle, with full vacuum, the silicone hose that I've used to connect my tubing together is sucked in. It's not fully collapsed but it is definately deformed.

I'm thinking that this probably isn't a big issue but does anyone know if this is gonna cause me problems? I could probably fix it by putting sections of 3" aluminum tubing inside it but if I don't have to, I'd rather just leave it together till at least after the shootout.

As long as it's sucked in during vac and normal at boost, I think you're good to go.

Just took it for a test drive. It whistles like a turbo. I think it's my custom blower top that whistles. Kinda weird.

Eventually sucked in hoses will break up. It will take awhile though. The open sections are what is letting the noise out. Putting in spacers will quiet it down. I drove mine a whole summer like that before one started leaking.

Slysc said:

Go to search and type in "very strange problem" I had the same problem and got many responses. I installed a short section of the same diameter tubing in it and it solve the problem.

I've got some extra straight pipe. I'll prolly end up stuffing some of that inside the silicone hose or better yet, I'll weld it onto the existing pipe to shorten the span of the silicone.

IC03.jpg

Back