Keyless entry code

lrsudog

Just picked up a new (to me) '90 SC with Keyless entry. The previous owner didn't remember the code, or didn't get it when he bought the car used. Is there any way for me to find out what the code is or can the code be re-programed? Also, why does the alarm go off a minute or so every time I lock the doors using the internal electric door lock button, but not when I lock it with the key from the outside?

Any help would be great.

If you climb in the trunk and look around there should be a sticker on the Keyless module with the code.

Tried the trunk arms but the car had a repaint so...
Which module is the Keyless processor? I looked but saw no obvious 5 digit code.

That's a last resort. The code should be on a small sticker on the control box in the rear fender area.

It can also be found on the passenger side trunk hinge.

It can also be found on the drivers side door jamb somewhere.

Otherwise you'll have to take it apart.

The SHO seems to be a little different in the respect that the resistors are mounted inline with each other on the SHO, then thay are different lenghts to reach the number holes. On my 89 there are 5 holes on each side of the resistor with all 5 resistors being the same lenght.

Code

You can find your code from the sticker on the module in the trunk.
Behind the drivers side carpet, pop the 2 plugs that hold the plastic cover, module is in there.

Back