gutting early 5spd - *pics

tbird88

Former owner told me the transmission shifted very rough 1st to 2nd. Selling it as needing blockers.

transmission
trans wiring harness
safety start wiring (behind dash)
master cylinder assy
clutch pedal assy
brake pedal assy
pressure line
tunnel plate w/gasket
shifter
flywheel
pressure plate
crossmember
driveshaft
EEC
and whatever else I forgot to mention :)

Not 100% sure what shape the console is in, I'll check on it but of course it goes with the package.

Everything above - 450 + shipping

Just gettin' this ad started so feel free to post requests. Others will tell you that I don't mind quoting prices, just ask and I'll be happy to post 'em right here. No goofy handlin' or packin' charges either, just whatever the most reasonable shipping is that it takes to get the parts to you. I sell worldwide, overseas shipping is not a problem.

thanks for checkin' out my ad.

'bird

Coupla pics of the car to get this started...bumper covers are pretty rough.

partscar7866.jpg

partscar7846.jpg

Hey Wynn - what kind of shape is the shifter knob and boot? I'd be interested in both.

-Andy "Melon"

Wynn,
Do you have the block?

Mine is bored .030 and just found cylinders will need to be bored again. Haven't pulled the short block out yet for complete disassembly, but scared about how much past .030 is safe.

A drive from Brazoria County to Beaumont would only take me 3 hours.

later,
tripntx

Melon said:
Hey Wynn - what kind of shape is the shifter knob and boot? I'd be interested in both.

-Andy "Melon"
I have a coupla interested parties on the complete 5spd setup, need to hold up on seperating it.

thanks for askin'!

'bird

tripntx said:
Wynn,
Do you have the block?

Mine is bored .030 and just found cylinders will need to be bored again. Haven't pulled the short block out yet for complete disassembly, but scared about how much past .030 is safe.

A drive from Brazoria County to Beaumont would only take me 3 hours.

later,
tripntx
Hey man, good to hear from ya, how the heck've you been? Yep, the block is in it and the hood has been closed on the car but bein' stored outside has taken its toll as far as the weather goes. I got it (the car) from Jeff in Houston, he mentioned that he could still see the crosshatch but I just haven't taken the time to examine the cylinders closely.

I have two longblocks at the hacienda that I pulled from running '89 5spd cars, been keeping them under the carport so they should be okay. Wouldn't mind at all taking either one apart and selling the block seperately.

this help ya?

'bird

IdoXLr8 said:
Hi Wynn, how's the interior...also need a pass door, is that one clean and straight and no rust? thanks PZ idoxlr8too@hotmail.com
It has a Titanium cloth interior, gotta get a batch of pics from all over the car and organize 'em.
On the door, I'll take a closer look for dings etc. Dangdest thing far as rust, even though we're only 25-45 miles from the Gulf all we get is occasional surface rust. Only partscar I've had that was actually rusted through turned out to be a Florida car.

'bird

OK, I'll be wait'n to hear from ya! PZ ...or you can e-mail me some interior pics if it's easier Wynn... :D

Wynn, I'll know in a couple of weeks if my block is repairable and let know. How about a crank (90 5sp)? Just thinking about future problems.

IdoXLr8 said:
OK, I'll be wait'n to hear from ya! PZ ...or you can e-mail me some interior pics if it's easier Wynn... :D
Well heck, this sun'gun has Titanium cloth but black door panels. Maybe it's a '90? Only took a coupla minutes out back with the camera and opened the door and it looks like a Salvation Army store exploded inside the car. Gotta clean the stuff outa the way before I snap some more pics.
Door itself looked fine at a glance but I'll give it a good looksee as soon as I can. Was by myself at the shop yesterday and latched the front door and ran out back to scope it out, didn't take my time so I could get back in the shop. I'll be more prepared on the next go-round.

side note: I've shipped a lot of things to a lot of places, bumper covers etc, ideas on shippin' a door? Sure hate to get a single ding in it.

'bird

tripntx said:
Wynn, I'll know in a couple of weeks if my block is repairable and let know. How about a crank (90 5sp)? Just thinking about future problems.
75 for a crankshaft.

'bird

Wynn,
My block may not need more than .040. Although, I have at least two rods needing replacement.
Number 2 rod bearing spun and wipped out a lot, it actually welded itself to the crank. Taking block and crank to machine shop this Saturday, once they let me know if either of them needs replacement, then I'll contact you concerning p/u arrangements.

$75 for crank.
How much for at least 2 rods and what would a block cost? The rods I'll need.

thanks,
tripntx

master cyl. assy.

Hey,
I'm looking for a complete brake master cyl. assembly. If the brakes work fine and the booster motor works, send me a price and a picture if possible.
Thanks for your help,
-Scott

cowl

I need the front cowl infront of the windshield. it has the wiper sprayers on it and also i need th eplastic piece underneath that. it holds the wiper motor. if i could get the wiper motor that would be great too. how does $30 shipped sound? lmk we can make a deal. thanks pm me please
Kyle

Back